Skills: Business Development, Commercial Management, Sales
Other Skills: Site Supervision, Energy Consultancy, Geotechnics, O&M Engineering, LNG, FEED Design, Asset Integrity
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
RINA is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our global RINA family as part of our Energy team based in the hub of the Oil & Gas industry - Houston, Texas. This new role will concentrate on developing US business outside of our core Inspection capability, focusing on consultancy and site supervisory services. RINA has a strong reputation and track record offering a range of multi-disciplinary services to clients worldwide. We ensure clients get the best performance for their projects, taking into account their safety and environmental impact. The Business Development Manager will bring a strong personal network in Site Supervision and consultancy, in addition to an impressive track record in winning business and meeting objectives to support our growth plans.
This role is a great opportunity to join an international organisation at an exciting time of growth. The Business Development Manager will be instrumental in developing our offering of Site Supervision and Consultancy services within the US. You will be based from our Houston office, international and US travel should be expected to network with clients and colleagues. Working with the Americas Energy Senior Director you will strategically and proactively develop new business, your key responsibilities will include:
- Campaign planning, supporting the delivery of the business strategy / plan, contributing ideas and opportunities
- Focusing on new business opportunities, client visits and management
- Supporting our focus on customer satisfaction, repeat business and developing new markets
- Providing support and taking the lead on major contracts, tenders and quotations
- Updating the pipeline with new prospects to be followed up
- Leading and supporting contract closing activities and capture lessons learned
- Exploring opportunities for alliances and partnerships to explore new markets and opportunities
- Working with the management team to identify potential acquisition opportunities
- across the RINA Group developing 'cross selling' and mutual opportunities
- Tracking competitor activity and providing updates on competitor news and intelligence
- Monthly reporting of business development activities
Qualifications & Experience
- A strong track record in winning business providing Site Supervision and Energy Consultancy services (i.e.: engineering consulting, HSE and loss prevention, risk analysis, geotechnics, offshore engineering, pipeline engineering, naval architecture, feasibility studies, FEED design, technical due diligences, asset integrity management, O&M engineering, offshore surveys and siting studies, etc.)
- Previous roles will have been heavily Business Development focussed within a Consultancy organisation
- A strong and current personal network within the Energy, Oil & Gas sector is essential
- Experience and knowledge of US LNG projects
- Experience of preparing quotations, pre-qualifications and tenders
- Able to write, appraise and negotiate detailed contracts and commercial agreements
- Knowledge and understanding of industry quality requirements and HSE regulations etc.
- English speaker, Spanish or Portuguese language skills could be beneficial
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering or related discipline is desirable
You will be a highly motivated self-starter, goal focussed and tenacious. You offer strong planning skills able to prioritise and take accountability of yourself and the team to meet deadlines. Your communication and listening skills teamed with your proactive approach empower you to quickly establish fruitful working relationships with clients and colleagues. You present ideas effectively and are equipped with strong negotiation and persuasion skills. You will be flexible in approach, happy to adapt to changing needs and comfortable working under pressure with multiple demands.
RINA is a global corporation providing testing, inspection, certification and consulting services across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transport & Infrastructure and Industry sectors. We have been at the forefront of providing innovative and technical solutions for more than 150 years, working closely with clients as a trusted partner, assisting them in the most effective, safe and sustainable way. Through a global network of 3,700 talented professionals, operating in 170 offices in 65 countries, we support our clients across the entire life cycle of their projects. Facing new challenges, adapting to new contexts and being where big things happen: working with us means turning our clients' ideas into success. You will transform challenges into opportunities and brilliant ideas into excellent solutions. As part of RINA you can expect an excellent induction, quick integration and real opportunities for professional development.
We provide a wide range of services across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transport & Infrastructure and Industry sectors.
RINA is the excellence behind excellence, a global corporation that leads industries to success. We work closely with customers, assisting them in the most effective, safe and sustainable way across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transportation, Infrastructure and Industry sectors.
Through a global network of 3,700 talented professionals, operating in 170 offices in 65 countries, we support the market operators across the entire life cycle of their projects.
We have proudly inspected and supervised more than 30,000 km of pipelines, more than 250 certified and requalified platforms and more than 100 LNG projects.
Authorized to act on behalf of over 110 flag states, we have classified more than 5,600 ships, totaling 36.8 M GT, more than 1,300 yachts, and we are 1st World ranked for ferry classification.
We have issued more than 36,000 product certificates, more than 28,000 management systems certificates and we have performed over 150,000 laboratory tests.
Transport & Infrastructure
We partnered on more than 700 projects for railway lines, trains and metro, we have certified more than 695,000 sqm of sustainable buildings and we performed 50+ Combat System Integration Studies for Defense projects.
We have contributed to the development of more than 200 new prototypes and products, more than 10 innovative alloys and special steel, and held more than 1,200 AIM orders.
Working in RINA
Working with RINA means transforming challenges into opportunities and brilliant ideas into excellent solutions.
Join us and build your own path of excellence.