Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop detailed design drawings and related specification of mechanical equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape and arrangement of parts.
- S ketch rough layout of machine and computes angles, weights, surface area, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes.
- Draft detailed multiview drawings of machine and subassemblies, including specifications for gear ratios, bearing loads, and directions of moving parts.
- Compile and analyze test data to determine effect of machine design on various factors such as temperature, pressures, speed, horsepower and fuel consumption.
- Use computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
- Modify machine design to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Measure machine and parts during production to ensure compliance with design specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Engineering Lead
- May take direction from Engineers
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PeopleSoft, AutoCad and Solidworks
- Minimum Three (3) years related experience
- Advanced education in drafting/design
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.