Skills: Engineering Manager, Project Controls
Other Skills: EPC
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Beaumont, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Our Client has an urgent and permanent need for an Project Engineering Manager in Beaumont/Houston, TX. The ideal PEM will be open to traveling back in forth between Beaumont and Houston as needed.
This position reports functionally to the Project Director and administratively to the corporate Director of Project Engineering and Construction. Position will have functional responsibility of a staff of approximately five (5) owner subject matter experts, and be the direct manager of the International Engineering Company (IEC) for engineering activities.
- Function self-sufficiently, with little direction or supervision on project engineering/management activities.
- Position requires strong understanding of the technical aspects of process and project development and execution, as well as ability to understand and satisfy internal customers' needs/requirements.
- Supervise team of owner subject matter experts, and manage a large multi-discipline team of engineering contractors
- There is strong involvement and interfacing with government agencies and neighboring communities, especially in terms of environmental and safety issues.
- Work with an international project team including technical resources and executive project sponsors
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 80% Manage International Engineering Contractor Activities
- Strong involvement and influence in project development and project organization
- Predicts and avoids problems before they impact project performance
- Lead team meetings and provide communication to leadership regarding project status
- Establishes appropriate action/implementation plans
- Selects, directs, coordinates and manages engineering contractors, vendors and subcontractors
- Reviews and approves designs, estimates, plans and change orders
- Manages local and international project resources: capital, time, manpower
- Works well in a matrix organization and provides clear and timely communication to project members and stakeholders (Project controls, Construction management, start up team)
- 20% Manage Owner Subject Matter Experts
- Provides day to day direction of activities for an international team of discipline engineers
- Set direction, manage priorities, and provide clear and timely communication to the team
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Role will be split between Downtown Houston, TX and the Beaumont, TX site.
- Must be willing to travel/stay in the Beaumont area for a significant period of time, up to 75% during construction phase
- Must maintain safety as a core value.
- Participates in HES activities provided by site management and The Company (e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, SafeStart, etc.).
- Must possess a strong commitment to safety both personally and in project execution.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in project engineering / project management.
- Thorough understanding of project management and project execution strategies, including owner/engineer contracting strategies
- Working knowledge of Aspen Capital Cost Estimator (ACCE) and Primavera P6 is preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAP is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - both verbal and written.
- Motivated / self-starter
- Innovative / creative / resourceful
- Ability to challenge and influence decision making to peers, contractors, and senior management.
- Ability to lead complex projects
- Decision making
- Cooperative - team player
- Strong details-orientation
- Results oriented
- Capacity to anticipate project issues
- Ability to effectively navigate and work within in a global and culturally diverse environment.
- Strong, competent negotiating skills
ANOTECH Energy was founded in 2006 to provide specialty services to the energy industry.
From the beginning, we’ve developed our expertise in technical fields of all energy sectors, including:
• Oil and Gas (E&P)
• Renewable Energies
• Civil & Infrastructure
We deliver the highest standard of services within engineering, projects and operations.
Our vision is to provide clients and employees with a global approach and to maintain an agility to deliver local tailor-made solutions.
ANOTECH Energy operates in over 63 countries worldwide.
Through its offices and partnerships, ANOTECH Energy commits to provide reliable and efficient support to its clients, while understanding the needs of international projects according to local regulations.
Headquartered in France, ANOTECH Energy has also established offices in: London, Moscow, Rio de Janeiro, Lagos, Houston, Pointe Noire, Abu Dhabi, Singapore and Shanghai.