We are currently looking for a Section Head Electrical Engineering / Power G&D
to join our site in Moerdijk.
You'd join us at our modern and fully integrated manufacturing plant - one of the largest chemical sites in Europe. Employing some 1300 people, it's a key strategic site which includes a Naphtha cracker complex, two Styrene/ Propylene Oxide plants and an Ethylene Oxide and derivatives plant.
You'll find a huge range of professional and managerial challenges and opportunities here - we're focused on combining excellent craftsmanship and operational excellence to help us achieve our goal of making sustainable changes to our ways of working.
What is the role about?
The purpose of the role is to:
- Secure sustained technical integrity of Electrical Equipment installed at the site, ensuring its safety and optimizing reliability and availability.
- Manage a cost effective Electrical Engineering & Inspection program for all electrical facilities.
- Support electrical projects with respect to standard setting, scope definition and assurance.
- Provide direction and detailed specialist engineering solutions with respect to operational and maintenance related issues.
- In your role as Section Head it's your accountability to:
- Ensure that all engineering related to procurement (in particular Enterprise Framework Agreements), application, maintenance, inspection, modification, design, construction and contract servicing shall be fit for purpose.
- Asset Management of the Power Generation & Distribution installations.
- Safeguard the electrical safety and integrity of the electrical installation and corresponding technical data integrity.
- Drive a learning organization through causal learning and Learning From Incidents.- Ensure good contact and conduct technical negotiations with relevant authorities, e.g. supply authorities (grid managers).
- Provide technical evaluation of engineering, maintenance and construction contractors, suppliers and consultants.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.Requirements
As a member of the engineering and integrity management team, you contribute to the definition, development and implementation of the departmental policies and you are the delegated authority for the Electrical installation in SNC in accordance with to Dutch law (Elektrisch Installatie-verantwoordelijke).
What do we need from you?
As a Section Head you are functional accountable for leading the Electrical Engineering / Power G&D Team to make a save execution.
To be successful in this role you have
- Academic level with 7-10 years experience in electrical engineering, preferable in power distribution and generation.
- Knowledge of asset management of electrical equipment, including wide experience in manufacturing environment (e.g. projects, maintenance, operational, research or technical services).
- Experience in the hands-on switching of HV generation and distribution power system equipment with ability to write detailed switching programs.
- Experience with leading a team.
- Excellent communications skills in English language, Dutch language skills are a pre.
- Coaching, facilitation and team work skills.
- Commercial skills.
- Change management, negotiating skills, customer and result driven focus, demonstrating leadership, fostering an enterprise-first mindset.
- Sound understanding of Quality and Asset Management systems.
What we offer you:
- At Shell, we're committed to investing in the development of your career and we give people with your skills a platform from which you can deliver and really excel
- Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity and respect aren't simply a strap line, but are a part of everything we do. What's more, we're a company that places the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and on our inclusive approach
- Join us and you'll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.