Skills: Slickline, Heavy Machinery Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Slickline Equipment Operator has the primary responsibility to assist the Slickline Specialists on Slickline operations. Complies with all governmental regulations, industry standards and observes all health, safety and environmental policies. The Equipment Operator/Helper provides service delivery with flawless service quality and no Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) incidents in accordance with policies, standards, and procedures. The position reports to the Slickline Specialist.
Successful Equipment Operators / Helpers are adaptable, show initiative, and have good written and verbal communication skills. They work well in teams and are curious and willing to learn new skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to rig up pressure control equipment.
- Ability to select proper tool string with limited supervision.
- Competent to work on pressure control equipment.
- Perform pulling and running tools along with basic tool maintenance.
- Prepare locks, plugs and gas-lift equipment to run into the well.
- Possess knowledge of standard procedure for standard work and safety.
- Ability to run unit under supervision, including, but not limited to drift rung, basic service tools, setting and pulling of plugs.
- Possess knowledge of, adhere to and support QHSE policies and participates in QHSE initiatives with attention given to journey management.
- Complies with all HS&E, Quality, and IT standards and policies and participates in HS&E and Quality initiatives and programs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED).
- Minimum 6-month oil field experience as an Equipment Operator / Helper or equivalent oil field/ military experience.
- Basic PC literacy and experience with Microsoft Office Suite desirable.
- Class A CDL with clean driving record with HAZMAT preferred.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship, current Alaska residency preferred.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.