Midland, Texas, United States
Midland, Texas, United States
Skills: Business Development, Sales, Geoscientist
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
As part of continued growth and ongoing success Ikon Science has a vacancy based in Midland Texas. As the sole Ikon Science resource and reporting to the Business Development Manager (BDM) overseeing Midland, the role of Technical Sales Geoscientist is a hybrid technical sales/business development role working with the regional BDM in finding and progressing opportunities, providing expert advice/support/demonstrations and managing all technical sales activities working closely with the Regional Product Managers and Global Portfolio Managers.
Core working relationship
Working with the regional BDM, Regional Product Managers and Global Portfolio Managers.
- Assisting regional BDM in discovering and progressing opportunities in Midland area.
- Maintaining local customer relationships.
- Responsible for compiling and presenting software demos as needed across the region.
- Knowledge of future technology and the software roadmap through access to beta releases.
- Pro-active role in constructing locally relevant case studies and presentations under the guidance and supervision of the Global Portfolio Managers.
- Act as the primary contact and technical guide for software evaluations within the region.
- Recommending ideas for the long term vision and technological direction for the product based on regional market direction.
- Assisting in generation of locally relevant marketing material related to the product, notably training material (lectures, exercises, videos) and sales collateral material, as coordinated by the Global Portfolio Managers
- Actively participating in social media discussions such as LinkedIn
- Liaising with regional Services, Support and Sales staff to gather and process customer feedback on the product (its quality, enhancement requests, etc.)
- Reporting relevant information on competitors to the Global Portfolio Managers and Software Product Managers
- Giving high level, impacting technical presentations that lead to software sales
- Collaborating with the marketing team to develop regional show strategies
Skills / Knowledge
Must be self-motivated, and be able to work independently
Ability to find and develop commercial opportunities
Strong first-hand practical and theoretical knowledge of the products in the portfolio
Ability to demo the products in the portfolio to various audiences, from prospects to expert end-users
Ability to provide training and support to the region's Services staff and clients, as well as expert end-user support when needed
Willingness and commitment to work closely with the Global Portfolio Managers to ensure feedback to/from clients in the region regarding both the software and its usage/workflows
Good communication skills covering:
- Conducting and documenting meetings
- Providing one-to-one explanations orally and in writing
- Preparing and giving presentations, trainings and videos
- Written documentation
An MSc or higher degree in earth science or physical sciences preferred.
- Local resident preferred
- 5 years of relevant industry experience preferred, candidates with less experience are also encouraged to apply
- Experience using Ikon Science' RokDoc software preferred, other geological software applications such as Petrel, Kingdom or OpenWorks a plus
- Sales experience is highly desirable
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux platforms in a commercial environment
- Exposure to programming languages such as Python, MatLab, C# or Java is highly desirable
Applicants must possess the legal right to work in the United States and have the ability to travel abroad