Douala, Littoral, Cameroon
Douala, Littoral, Cameroon
Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Douala, Littoral, Cameroon
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
The Finance Manager/Director is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management of the operation, to include the development and implementation of a financial management and operational strategy. In addition, he on-going development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results in a timely manner.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Management of the in-country Finance Department
- to generate financial plans, budgets,
- to develop and implement long term business / funding strategy and cash-flow management
- to implement financial management and month end processes and other reporting requirements.
• Assist in formulating the operations future direction and support tactical initiatives
• Manage the accounting, legal, tax, and treasury departments
• Develop and lead the company's approach to risk, and fulfil any regulatory requirements
• Preparation and overseeing reconciliation of daily cash transfers and finance reports
• Oversee the company's transaction processing systems and ensure transparency of accounts
• Construct and monitor reliable control systems
• Ensure the operation complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
• Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors, gaming board and government agencies
• Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
• Maintain banking relationships and accounts
• Preparation of year-end accounts and managing the annual audit and filing of statutory accounts with authorities.
• Produce monthly management reports with relevant KPIs and supporting analysis
• Will manage both Finance and procurement team
A Qualified Accountant ACCA / CIMA (or equivalent) or QBE or Accounting degree from a top university
- Ability to speak French fluently is essential /a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Advanced expertise with relevant Accounting Software e.g. Sage Accounting Software (incl. Data-Import)
• At least 10 year experience with 3 to 5 years' staff management experience, ideally leading a Finance team within a fast paced and complex business environment
Experience in West Africa is essential particularly Cameroon
• Experience in the oil and gas is an added advantage
• Tax management experience in West Africa is a criteria
• Reporting expertise