Skills: Electrical Technician, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
As part of Sperry Drilling's Global Strategy to support operations growth Aberdeen has been approved as the Regional Repair Centre for EESSA (Europe, Eurasia and Sub-Saharan Africa). To support this growth a number of technicians will be required to increase asset throughput, improve asset utilization and support new technology implementation.
- Under broad direction, coordinates the activities involved in maintaining and repairing Geopilot down-hole tool electronics, sub assemblies and surface equipment. Promote services excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced maintenance personnel.
- Assigns work to subordinate personnel.
- Schedules equipment to be serviced and maintained on a daily basis.
- Insure the successful execution of maintenance processes in a safe and efficient manner.
- Diagnoses, repairs and performs preventive maintenance on down-hole tool electronics and other equipment used in the application for down-hole operations.
- Areas of specialization within Product Service Line (PSL) specific shop operations may include: electrical aptitude, computer skills, machine tool rebuilding, surface equipment, and performing major repairs.
- Serve as the lead in the assembly and disassembly of electronic inserts, probes, and down-hole tools.
- Assist in making evaluations and recommendations for improvements on equipment based on maintenance history.
- Trains and assist tool technicians.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Consequences of error are easily measured and can be confined.
- Skills are typically acquired through an Associates degree similar education and 5 years of tool operations experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations. Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines.
- Promotes and takes an active part in the quality improvement process.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Howemoss Crescent , Aberdeen , Aberdeen , AB21 0GN , United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 66856
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.