Skills: Construction Superintendent
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kenedy, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The successful candidate will lead the field Eagle Ford Construction Department and be accountable for the safe and timely construction of greenfield and brownfield oil and gas production facilities, pipelines, electrical infrastructure and produced water pipelines. This position will be located in the Kenedy, Texas field office with 25% of the time spent working in the field being a visible Safety Leader engaging both employees and contractors.
We seek a self-motivated safety focused leader with strong planning, organization, technical, and teambuilding skills to lead this critical organization to greater success. Field experience in oil and gas operations, facilities design & construction, and maintenance is preferred.
- Strong oil & gas construction experience with knowledge and application of API Standards/Best Practices
- Safety Leader for the team ensuring all construction employees are acting as in-field Safety Leaders
- Accountable for continuing to improve our safety culture and values to ensure alignment with all Marathon's HES objectives
- Responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of the daily, weekly, and monthly construction tasks, supporting the Construction Supervisors, Facility Specialists, Engineers, other internal departments, and 3rd parties to ensure all projects are executed safely, on time, and under budget
- Accountable for the continuous improvement of construction processes and best practices, and for establishing the team's annual performance goals
- Capable of utilizing Primavera P6 schedules, SAP-PM, Microsoft Excel, and other tools for the management of the team's progress
- Steward Marathon's CAPEX and OPEX through efficient management of the large contractor workforce
- Beyond driving tasks assigned also create your own team vision and strategy. Generate ideas and drive those ideas to results that align with the organization's high level Performance Commitments
- Responsible for mentoring construction personnel, engineers, and others to support the development and improvement of the collective team
- Establish contractor expectations; coach and develop them to adhere to Marathon policies and procedures with frequent Safety Leadership Engagements to ensure compliance and alignment with Marathon's HES culture
- Follow and ensure compliance with all policies and procedures
- Audit safety rules and procedures thru frequent field visits to ensure they are being followed
- Champion Marathon's Safety Program at all levels and embrace and continually work toward a consistent repeatable HES culture with zero OSHA Recordables and Safety Incidents
- Serves as the main communication conduit between management and construction employees
- Completes all supervisory administrative duties in a timely, self-driven and efficient manner
- Actively supports and drives timely compliance with all training requirements, closeout of HES Actions, and compliance with Marathon's Responsible Operations Management System (ROMS) ensuring all actions are completed in a timely manner
- HS diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- 10+ years of oil & gas industry experience required
- Previous supervisory or superintendent experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, and Primavera P6 required
- Physical requirements: 75% office, 25% outside supervision of tasks (walking, climbing stairs, stooping, standing, etc.)
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Kenedy || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Field and Drilling Operations || Not Applicable || || 29764 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.