Skills: Contracts Administration, Project Management, Technical Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Manage the Tender Process on behalf of the Offshore Group.
Taking responsibility for the management of the process for the creation, development and finalisation of all types of business proposal and responses to clients, including RFIs, RFQs, RFPs and ITTs.
Be superuser on the XAIT Porter software application, and train users in the use of the package.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Be first point of contact for opportunities that come in to the Offshore Group
- Read the tender, understand the scope of work, and share with the OMT
- Read and understand the scope of service of all opportunities, and propose the team required to deliver against each part, and ask the relevant Regional Director to appoint a Business Manager
- Take responsibility for the scheduling and coordination of the various meetings from the kick off meeting where we determine strategy to the final meeting to approve the submission.
- Take actions from these meetings and ensure delivery by the responsible person.
- Update and maintain the database of all opportunities, and publish to the OMT.
- Support the implementation of applications that support streamlining of the tender process, and to build competence to be the superuser of these applications (XAIT Porter)
- Project manage the compilation of information from various departments to complete business tenders and proposals
- Provide Business Manager and Directors progress reports on all tenders and proposals and escalate when necessary
- Be a part of the tender team, providing support and challenge to all members to deliver the best possible proposal to our client. Identify opportunities and risks within contract offerings.
- To design standardised templates for all business tenders and proposals and ensure that a consistent approach is followed, ensuring that the Company is compliant with all legal and customer requirements. Build a library of standard responses to build up common sections, but take responsibility to challenge the owner of each section where you feel the standard response doesn't properly answer the tender question or where we can better represent our offering.
- Proof reading the entire proposal to ensure that we are accurately reflecting the customers' and company requirements
- Ensuring that the tender and/or proposals are delivered within the specified timescales, and delivered to the client in a compliant way, whether by upload to portal, email or by hard copy.
- Comply with the company procedures
- Comply with Level 1 of HSE Employee Responsibility and Accountability
- Comply with Level 1 of Peterson Values & Behaviours
Performance will be reviewed against objectives set during employee appraisal process including feedback from internal and external customers.
Qualifications and experience
A degree in a relevant discipline and experience in the field of marketing or proposals.
Working knowledge of Microsoft packages, design based software such as Microsoft Publisher or Adobe would be preferred.
- Communication - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will be able to build strong working relationships with all levels and be able to to influencing and collaborating with others the ease.
- Customer Focus - A commitment to providing a good customer service.
- Personal Integrity - Builds trust and respect and maintains standards of honesty and integrity.
- Team Working - Ability to work within a team and on own initiative.
- Reliability - Takes responsibility for personal performance.
- Results Orientation - Striving to improve or meet a standard of excellence.
- Commitment to Safety - Takes responsibility for both their own safety and that of their colleagues.
Job Specific Competencies
- Professionalism - Ability to confidently represent the organisation at industry/client arranged meetings.
- Adaptability - Smoothly handle multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change.
- Commitment - Readily make personal sacrifice to meet a larger organisational goal.
- Attention to detail - Ability to proof read entire proposals to ensure it reflects our needs.
- Planning and organising - the ability to establish an appropriate course of action for self and others to accomplish a goal.
- Influencing Skills - the ability to influence and persuade others by creating win:win solutions
Peterson (United Kingdom) Ltd reserves the right to amend or change the above to enable business needs to be met.
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.