Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 60 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron Australia has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead Mechanical Engineer to join the Technical Projects team. Based in Perth and reporting to the Engineering Lead, this permanent role will lead the mechanical engineering (static, packaged and rotating equipment) discipline work which forms part of core multi-disciplinary resources servicing brownfield projects for both Gorgon and Wheatstone.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop cost time resource (CTRs) for the Mechanical discipline relating to brownfield technical projects
- Assign and monitor progress of discipline resources
- Develop technical solutions
- Develop and approve a wide variety of discipline deliverables
- Develop, check and approve calculations / analyses
- Functional review of management of change (MOC)
- Provide technical expertise on discipline design principles
- Provide input to ‘Request for Proposal' and ‘Request for Quotation' and review of technical bid packages
- Apply appropriate Chevron project management system, facility design and construction (FD&C), MOC and capital stewardship principles
- Manage and control change by developing relationships and providing effective communications with diverse, cross-functional stakeholders
- Commitment to health, environment and safety and Chevron best practices
Key skills and experience required:
- Proficiency within mechanical engineering discipline including experience of concept, front end, detailed engineering and design requirements within an operational environment
- Proficiency with onshore and offshore, mechanical (static and rotating machinery) engineering designs and technologies (e.g. modular / offshore platform) applied on the operated assets including associated engineering and design deliverables
- Familiarity with Chevron project development and execution process, FD&C, MOC and operational excellence requirements preferred
- Previous experience with engineering, procurement and construction, detailed engineering and design environments including assurance role of contractor work preferred
- A background and appreciation of working in a Brownfields environment
- Demonstrate ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to business results
- Collaborative working style complementing a positive mindset, that is resilient to changes in priorities and work scopes, which promotes effective and ongoing teamwork.
- Demonstrated commitment to Chevron's values of integrity, partnership and trust and achieving an incident and injury free environment
Why join Chevron:
- Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies and has been present in Australia for more than 60 years
- You will be provided a competitive package and an opportunity to contribute to two of Australia's largest oil and gas projects
- Chevron offers career development opportunities to all employees including onboarding, training and development, mentoring, volunteering opportunities and networking groups
- Chevron is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity, inclusion and committed to equal employment opportunity
- Chevron supports work-life balance and offers employees access to various health and wellness programs
- A 9-day fortnight is offered for eligible roles
We actively encourage applications from Australian Aboriginals, women, mature age applicants, candidates with disabilities and those with diverse cultural backgrounds. To be a part of our success, apply now.
Position Close Date: Friday 23 November, 3pm WST
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.