Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Decision Support Analyst located in San Ramon, California or Louisville, Kentucky.
The Decision Support Analyst is a Trusted Advisor in the Business, one who develops meaningful business insights to drive faster, better decision making and recommendations to improve business performance. The analyst is curious, proactive, and collaborative, with a penchant for action and an ability to sell her/his ideas to colleagues and leaders to drive change. The analyst provides support to Sales, Marketing, and the Americas Leadership Team.
The analyst routinely engages with Sales, Marketing, Pricing, Customer Support, Supply Chain, and Finance, along with colleagues in Business Support to ensure timely, accurate, reliable financial analysis, forecasting, and keen business insights to uncover opportunities for improved business results (volume, opex, margins, earnings, cash flow).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Deliver timely, accurate, reliable analysis, investigation, and reporting of business performance (financial, operational, key performance indicators, etc.)
- Provide fit for purpose market segment analysis and ad-hoc support for Sales and/or Marketing (portfolio analysis, business case development, etc.) May develop non-standard reports requiring in-depth analysis and commentary.
- Support data gathering and analysis on competitors and the markets we serve.
- Identify opportunities and develop recommendations or initiatives to improve the business (i.e., emerging sales trends by market segment, margin improvement opportunities for product lines, competitiveness of customer programs, etc.)
- Develop new analytical tools or processes to simplify reporting, analysis, or uncover unique insights to the business.
- May work on projects of bigger scope and wider impact such as ROCE analysis of various product lines, strategic assessments, or comparison of data gathered from competitor intelligence.
- Support the development of annual business plans, special projects, and various ad-hoc analytical needs of the business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Economics/Finance/ Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years related analytical experience
- Experience in data analysis and reporting. Strong user of Excel and Office applications and ability to master new applications readily.
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with various reporting tools for business analysis (Vendavo Profit Analyzer, SAP Business Intelligence, Salesforce Analytics, Microsoft Power BI, etc.)
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.