Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Salary: TBD Upon Experience
Location: Arlington, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
NorthStar Energy Services offers engineering, procurement, project management, construction management, and consulting solutions to clients in the energy, petrochemical, and process industries. Our clients include oil & gas processing and transportation, refining, chemical, polymers, and industrial gases companies.
NorthStar has offices in Houston, Texas, Grand Prairie, Texas and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Our core employees have worked together for more than fifteen years, executing and managing projects around the country. Our team of professionals, from junior engineers to senior technical experts, has experience in applicable process technologies, program management, conceptual and design engineering, construction management, commissioning and start-up.
The Alington, TX office focuses on Engineering and Project Management in oil & gas industry. We do detail engineering for Midstream companies on Pipelines, Pumps, Compressor & Meter Stations, Tank Farms, Gas Plants, and Dehydration Units.
SENIOR I&E DESIGNER - to provide drafting of electrical and instrumentation drawings for client projects involving oil and gas facilities.
- Work with electrical engineers to develop electrical design deliverables such as electrical site plans, conduit plans, wiring diagrams, one-line diagrams, control diagrams, motor schematics, PLC layout / termination drawings, wire schedules, lighting panel schedules, electrical equipment installation details, bill of materials, etc.
- Assist in developing and maintaining electrical CAD standards and library drawings for the Company and assure that the proper design standards are followed on all project drawings.
- Coordinate with the Lead Designer and other designer disciplines to coordinate drawing development and maintain standards and consistency across project teams.
- Responsible for knowing client's project standards and making sure the standards are being followed by the electrical design team
- Attend project meetings internally and with the client as requested by the PE/PM
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years' experience using AutoCAD to develop electrical drawings.
- Relevant experience in producing drawings including P&ID, electrical equipment layouts, schematics, grounding plans, cable tray and conduit plans, wiring diagrams, one-line drawings, and termination drawings.
- Experienced in developing a Bill of Materials from electrical drawings.
- Able to perform quality work within deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Quanta Services safely provides engineering, procurement and construction services for comprehensive infrastructure needs in the electric power and oil and natural gas industries. With a workforce tens of thousands strong and offices across North America and abroad, Quanta is the premier provider in the industries it serves. Through a team of electric power and oil and gas service companies, Quanta Services is the complete solution.