Skills: Construction Superintendent
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
This position will be physically located in Midland, Texas.
Position Overview: This position manages construction crews, inspects ongoing work, ensures adherence to state and local codes, laws and other compliance requirements within the Oil and Gas Industry. Works closely with engineering with respect to design and management of midstream projects. Arranges for necessary equipment and keeps construction projects costs at, and or if possible under, budget. May also help construct production facilities, salt water disposal facilities, water transfer stations, and truck off-load stations.
Reports to: Director-Midstream Services
Directs Reports: None
- Uses organizational skills to build successful teams for completion of project tasks
- Assists in design of pipeline projects, providing operational feedback to engineering.
- Solicits and evaluates bids for services and materials, then uses this information to create project AFE's
- Understands laws, codes, safety guidelines and regulations addressing construction projects
- Supervises construction crews
- Addresses safety and other worksite concerns and issues with laborers and foremen
- Understands how construction equipment works for inspection, operation and maintenance of the specified project
- Negotiates contracts with vendors, contractors and sub-contractors
- Advanced knowledge of construction trades
- Creates and maintains budgets, tracks daily construction costs in concise and organized manner
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years construction experience
- 3+ years supervising or managing a team
- Demonstrated success in working across functional and business groups to achieve results
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to multi-task, meet timelines and follow up with internal and external customers
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently and in teams
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- Bilingual (Spanish & English)
- Prior construction experience
- Work hours will be determined by facility management to meet the needs of the business and may require overtime and travel
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
- Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use
- Finger agility for keyboarding
- This is a safety sensitive position. However, essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment