Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Nabors Industries owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout the world's most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
The Business Analyst Senior (EBS - HCM) serves as a product owner for selected HCM product(s), accountable for the product roadmaps, and working with the business to ensure that the product supports, and will continue to support, the needs of the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the product owner for selected IT HCM product(s), and serves as the main liaison with the business on the future of the product and its application in the business
- Develops product roadmaps, ensuring they are aligned with current and future business needs
- Leads the business requirements phase of a project, ensuring needs are clarified and effectively documenting
- Takes complete ownership of support, maintenance and enhancements related to selected HCM product(s)
- Project management of key initiatives in process/system improvements, upgrades, migrations
- Leads all phases of projects in their area(s) of expertise and focus, ensuring the delivery of all project deliverables on time, on budget, and aligned to the needs of the business with utmost quality
- Develops comprehensive business cases supporting process and technology investments that enable realization of client objectives
- Production Support of all aspects of Oracle HRMS Applications and other HCM related custom applications
- Defines and leads business process/technology improvements that may affect multiple areas
- Acts as IT business consultant to the business partner communities by participating in process and technology aspects of business-sponsored RFP's, evaluating and clarifying project objectives, ensuring appropriate project prioritizations and advising on new business initiatives
- Facilitates business critical end user training of delivered solutions
- Plans for the change management required to implement the project, assembling necessary resources
- Captures demand for IT services within a function and manages the demand through the governance process
- Manages the definition and roadmap of IT solutions to support a global capability on behalf of business partner organizations
- Manages multiple initiates concurrently in addition to supporting selected HCM product(s)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- At least six years of functional experience in technology support or related field with the emphasis of HCM applications such as Oracle HRMS R12 (HR, PAY,OTL, OAB), Taleo, SAP Success Factors Talent Management (Goals, Appraisals, Compensation, Succession Planning, Career Development)
- Proven interpersonal skills; ability to work productively and professionally with any level of business and technical resources.
- Team player who can work in a collaborative HCM environment integrated with custom .net applications.
- Ability and willingness to quickly understand the custom application environments and business processes and integration around the custom applications with Oracle Human resources to take the ownership.
- Has demonstrated an expert understanding of business processes as it relates to HR areas of IT
- Eight years of functional experience in technology support or related field with the emphasis of HCM applications such as Oracle HRMS R12 (HR, PAY,OTL, OAB), Taleo, SAP Success Factors Talent Management (Goals, Appraisals, Compensation, Succession Planning, Career Development)
- Experience of working with HCM related SAAS (Cloud) applications
- Expert understanding of industry and business process trends
- Accountability - Level Three
- Excellence - Level Two
- Innovation - Level Two
- Safety - Level Two
- Teamwork & Collaboration - Level Three
- Communication - Level Two
- Decision Making - Level Two
- Process & Analytic Ability - Level Two
- IT Environment - Level Four
- IT Industry - Trends and Directions - Level Four
- IT Standards and Procedures - Level Three
- Business Process Modeling - Level Four
- Requirements Analysis - Level Four
- Data Mining - Level Two
- Project Planning and Organization - Level Two
- Project Control and Reporting - Level Two
- Application Configuration - Level Three
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision and distance vision
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.