The Commissioning Manager working from the project office and project site is responsible for the overall planning, direction, organization, and budgeting of all Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning work, on the project to the highest safety and quality levels within time and costs constraints.
The Commissioning Manager participates in the conceptual development of a commissioning project and oversees organization, scheduling and implementation strategy. Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all safety planning associated with the project commissioning execution methods selection, with support of the Project Manager and Site Health and Safety Manager.
- Responsible for scoping commissioning systems and planning the commissioning sequence.
- Ensure commissioning systems are defined to a level sufficient for a level four schedule.
- Coordinate with the client, project management, and project services in identifying required reporting procedures and formats for client
- Ensure commissioning systems are coordinated with construction work packages, engineering and procurement.
- Ensure corporate policies and procedures are fully implemented.
- Establishes project field procedures and objectives within corporate policies and procedures as necessitated by jobsite conditions. This includes, but is not limited to managing the implementation of the permit to work and Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedure.
- Review and approve commissioning estimates, budgets, forecasts and schedules.
- Review P&IDs, Flow Diagrams, Single Line Diagram, Network Architecture Drawings and engineering registers to prepare an execution plan and estimate to execute pre-commissioning and commissioning services and identify opportunities for project acceleration.
- Ensure the necessary permits and licenses (notice of project, insurance certificates, workers compensation, environmental permits etc.) are identified and obtained prior to the start of commissioning activities on site.
- Liaises with the Project Manager and the project core team of design engineers, procurement, planning and scheduling and other personnel and other personnel as required in setting priorities to ensure timely commissioning performance.
- Develop site organization and staffing requirements required to execute commissioning activities within project schedule and acceptable costs.
- Direct, monitor and motivate subordinate commissioning specialists in performance and direct activities as necessary to ensure project requirements are achieved.
- Manage and coordinate supplier representatives to execute specialty commissioning work.
- Establish the commissioning requirements for pre-fabrication and modularization.
- Provide commissioning technical support to other site functions as needed.
- Ensure that the Project Manager is informed of commissioning concerns.
- Ensure adherence to all local regulations and statutory requirements in site activities planning
- Assist the procurement team to review contractual agreements with clients, suppliers, and contractors.
- Liaise with client representatives as required to ensure shutdowns, relocations, tie ins and re-start commissioning are planned safely and in a timely manner with minimum disruption.
- Recommend requirements for commissioning resources and strategies to meet the schedule in each area.
- Participates in the labor studies, manpower sourcing exercise and the establishment of the industrial relations strategy.
- Cooperate with the Construction and Operational Readiness Manager in the planning of transfer packages.
- Coordinate the preparation and issue of the Commissioning Execution Plan.
- Manage and lead setup and implementation of the commissioning management system.
- Demonstrated health and safety management focus in the commissioning phase of project delivery, and extensive knowledge of health and safety management procedures, safe work practices, and applicable legislation.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Minimum five to seven years of previous commissioning management experience.
- Strong leadership skills, the ability to lead a team and fit into a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Experience using Visio or similar tools to communicate commissioning sequence, organizational charts and work flow processes is an asset.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.