Skills: Corrosion Engineering
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
A leading Downstream Refining & Chemicals company is currently seeking a Corrosion Engineer with a strong background in Derivatives projects and operations for a long-term contract opportunity in Houston and Port Arthur, TX.
- Understand and abide by all HSE policies, objectives, targets and regulatory requirements communicated to department.
- Provide recommendations related to process corrosion control and metallurgy issues for MOC's, PHA studies, plant changes, and new projects.
- Provide material selection and technical support to assist process engineers, PEI Engineers and PEI Inspectors in day-to-day activities related to corrosion control.
- Assist in developing and implementing welding and PWHT procedures and "troubleshoot" welding problems when they occur.
- Network with other Materials & Corrosion Engineers or professional organizations to learn from others, share location experiences, assist in development of Best Practices and Guidelines (BPG's), and PEI instructions and procedures.
- Provides technical support to the PEI Engineers, Unit Inspectors, Process and Production on metallurgical and corrosion issues.
- Assist Engineering in development of specifications on PE for new Projects.
- Make upgrade recommendations as required on existing equipment
- Provide welding technical support to the Refinery.
- Using CCD's establish and update lists of key PEI process variables and communicate to Ensure Safe Production (ESP) work process for inclusion in unit ESP variable tables.
- Along with Process Engineers, develop data sheets for injection points, identify equipment in environmental cracking service, and assist PEI inspectors in establishing inspection intervals for environmental cracking inspections using RBI methodology.
- Utilize risk assessment as a tool in problem solving/decision making and participate in risk assessment of corrosion concerns and OEMI risk based inspection (RBI) analysis teams.
- Along with the Learning and Development Department, coordinate development of training materials and methods for PEI and CCD knowledge transfer to Operations, Engineering and PEI personnel with a Shared Stewardship of Assets role.
- Assist teams in preparing and updating Corrosion Control Documents (CCD's).
- Working with PEI inspectors and PEI engineers, develop and integrate CCD recommendations into piping and equipment inspection strategies.
- Attend training and re-certification as required by facility training program.
- Assist in performing root cause analysis, coordinate failure analysis activities, and recommend mitigation methods for corrosion and materials issues.
- 6+ years of professional experience in PEI preferably supporting Chemical/Refining operations and/or projects.
- BS in Materials/Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or other related field.
- Thorough knowledge in ASME Codes, API Codes, Company Specifications, NACE documents and Shell BP&Gs on Corrosion and Materials.
- Strong knowledge in refinery/chemical corrosion mechanisms and material properties.
- Experience in Advance NDE
- Experience in Fitness for Services
- Experience in developing Corrosion Control Documents
The Bergaila Companies are a leading supplier of Engineering and Construction Management Staffing Services to the world’s most prestigious Energy Industry organizations. We consistently achieve reputation for quality service excellence through reliable, specialized and efficient technical services. At Bergaila, we view our Clients and our Employees as our partners, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract and direct placement needs of all we serve.
The Bergaila Companies are devoted to connecting industry professionals with renowned organizations, aligning Employees with the Client's corporate culture and vision through a robust assessment, screening, and selection process. Our unsurpassed data management system delivers immediate and effective results through instant candidate-requisition matching.
For many eligible Employees, the availability of health insurance and/or other benefits is a key factor when considering an assignment. Therefore, The Bergaila Companies offer a distinguished market competitive benefits package ensuring we consistently attract, satisfy and retain our Employees. Our Team provides noteworthy, personable, and dependable service to our Employees, many of whom transfer to other long-term assignments or direct placement opportunities with our Clients.
Experience a professionally run organization founded on quality service excellence and the commitment to connect Engineering and Construction Management Professionals with distinguished Clients. Contact us today and allow our Team to engineer your perfect fit!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bergaila/