Skills: Rotating Equipment
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
A leading Downstream Refining & Chemicals company is currently seeking a Rotating Equipment Engineer with a strong background in Derivatives projects / operations for a long-term contract opportunity in Houston and /or Port Arthur, TX.
- Responsible for Project Delivery plan development and execution for projects assigned.
- Responsible for flawless start up and operation of machinery.
- Integrate input from Project Premises and other disciplines to develop Basis of Design for machinery.
- Responsible to deliver rotating equipment designs that:
- Comply with client Standards and obtain derogations where appropriate,
- Are safe and clean to operate. This includes personal safety, process safety, and environmental.
- Are operable and maintainable, and
- Have acceptable life cycle cost and deliver a design consistent with business and project premises.
- Responsible for technical requirements in purchase orders and minimization of purchase order addendums.
- Spare parts recommendations and set up of parts and capital spares.
- Specification of lubrication and creation or update of lubrication charts.
- Develop and review operating procedures for rotating equipment.
- Identify, develop, and apply best practices in machinery design, maintenance, and operation.
- Participate or facilitate project design reviews to ensure safe operation and design of equipment and related changes, apply engineering technology to improve safety and environmental related issues
- Provide rotating equipment technical assurance support to Process Engineering, Process Safety, Project Engineering and other technical groups in the development and implementation of projects.
- Coordinate field and shop performance tests on rotating equipment as requested/required
- Works with design resources to achieve designs that are cost effective and technically sound so that all projects are designed efficiently, cost effectively, and have operability against the project premises.
- Works closely with subcontract engineers and/or designers to coordinate their activities and to ensure the subcontractor's work is checked and meets the company's standards and quality requirements.
- Documents and maintains all communication that impacts technical decisions.
- Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment, technical material suppliers, and technical service providers.
- Inspects completed installations and observes operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Minimum 6+ years professional experience in Rotating Equipment Preferably Supporting Chemicals/Refining Operations and/or Projects
- Strong Understanding of Rotating machinery principles
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related technical degree.
- Strong understanding of the Principles of rotating machinery
- Experience in Machinery selection and bid tab evaluation
- Knowledge of Engineering Standards and best practices
- Skill at applying condition based monitoring
- Skill at applying condition based monitoring Strong ability to Troubleshoot and determine root cause
- Computer Proficiency (MS Office Suite, etc.)
- Knowledge of Project Engineering work processes.
The Bergaila Companies are a leading supplier of Engineering and Construction Management Staffing Services to the world’s most prestigious Energy Industry organizations. We consistently achieve reputation for quality service excellence through reliable, specialized and efficient technical services. At Bergaila, we view our Clients and our Employees as our partners, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract and direct placement needs of all we serve.
The Bergaila Companies are devoted to connecting industry professionals with renowned organizations, aligning Employees with the Client's corporate culture and vision through a robust assessment, screening, and selection process. Our unsurpassed data management system delivers immediate and effective results through instant candidate-requisition matching.
For many eligible Employees, the availability of health insurance and/or other benefits is a key factor when considering an assignment. Therefore, The Bergaila Companies offer a distinguished market competitive benefits package ensuring we consistently attract, satisfy and retain our Employees. Our Team provides noteworthy, personable, and dependable service to our Employees, many of whom transfer to other long-term assignments or direct placement opportunities with our Clients.
Experience a professionally run organization founded on quality service excellence and the commitment to connect Engineering and Construction Management Professionals with distinguished Clients. Contact us today and allow our Team to engineer your perfect fit!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bergaila/