Skills: Safety Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
A leading downstream refiner and petrochemical company is currently seeking a PSM / Process Safety Management Lead Engineer for a long-term contract opportunity based in Houston, TX.
- Conduct HAZID for project to identify potential hazards.
- Develop and maintain a Hazards & Effects Register.
- Develop a PSM/RMP implementation plan to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Conduct Safety Risk studies as needed.
- Conduct Reactive Hazard Assessment.
- Conduct a Facility Siting assessment and provide input into facility design.
- Prepare Process Safeguarding Flow Schemes and memorandum.
- Conduct an Atmospheric Vent Study.
- Facilitate a Process Hazard Analyses and Layer of Protection Analyses as needed.
- Conduct an Inherently Safety Design Review.
- Conduct Pre-Startup Safety Review.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering required
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience in managing Process Safety programs on large construction projects or within a petrochemical facility.
- Experience if implementing programs in accordance with regulations that affect Process Safety management in the United States related to the Petrochemical Sector.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at various levels within the client organization to include senior business leaders.
- Ability to provide both written and verbal briefings to multiple stakeholders.
- Self-starter; ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be objective and capable of making difficult decisions and relaying the message to staff in a professional manner.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Proven track record of implementing and managing security risks and initiatives in a dynamic environment and across business lines and/or groups.
- Must be able to develop and nurture concepts into pragmatic, efficient, and effective solutions.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50%.
The Bergaila Companies are a leading supplier of Engineering and Construction Management Staffing Services to the world’s most prestigious Energy Industry organizations. We consistently achieve reputation for quality service excellence through reliable, specialized and efficient technical services. At Bergaila, we view our Clients and our Employees as our partners, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract and direct placement needs of all we serve.
The Bergaila Companies are devoted to connecting industry professionals with renowned organizations, aligning Employees with the Client's corporate culture and vision through a robust assessment, screening, and selection process. Our unsurpassed data management system delivers immediate and effective results through instant candidate-requisition matching.
For many eligible Employees, the availability of health insurance and/or other benefits is a key factor when considering an assignment. Therefore, The Bergaila Companies offer a distinguished market competitive benefits package ensuring we consistently attract, satisfy and retain our Employees. Our Team provides noteworthy, personable, and dependable service to our Employees, many of whom transfer to other long-term assignments or direct placement opportunities with our Clients.
Experience a professionally run organization founded on quality service excellence and the commitment to connect Engineering and Construction Management Professionals with distinguished Clients. Contact us today and allow our Team to engineer your perfect fit!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bergaila/