Implement SAP ERP PGS processes & efficiencies for CP and provide SAP Materials Management module functionality and Procurement of Goods and Services (PGS) process expertise to Contracting & Procurement (CP), and Business stakeholders. Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts (SME) from other business areas on process and system integration requirements.
This role is designed to help the regions understand the macro and micro levels of process design in the respective ERP operating environment (e.g. GSAP, BLP, etc.) and CP related tools/applications, to ensure that the standardized processes are embedded, and business benefits are achieved.
Procurement Process Expert support local staff in operating the standard business processes and serve as the front line for sustaining global process standards, addressing process issues, proposing process improvements and improving process compliance, execution and performance.Principal Accountabilities:
Procurement Process Expert role covers the Procurement of Goods and Services (PGS) process of Requisition to Pay (RtP) and Manage Materials (MM).
Process Experts support the ERP process for procurement and management of Goods and Services in accordance with the RtP Global Design in two or more of the following areas:
- Manage Purchasing (MP)
- Manage Master Data (MRD)
- Accounts Payable (AP)
- Manage Materials (MM) including: Inventory Management (IM), Investment Recovery (IR), Manage MM Plan (MMMP) and Warehouse Operations (WO)
- Support effective deployment of PGS processes in the various Group ERP platforms and CP related tools/applications. Role may vary depending on project scope and complexity and might include: consultancy, gap analysis, change management, testing, training, role mapping/SOD, etc.
- Apply knowledge of global standards to ensure local business operations adhere to & comply with Group PGS system and process design.
- Ensure compatibility across the PGS processes and with other business processes addressing integration requirements (Maintenance, Finance, Sales, Projects, Logistics, etc.)
- Assist Process Architects, Process Integration/Excellence in identifying and prioritizing process enhancements and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Support ERP and CP related tools/applications change requests plus retrofits.
- Participate in projects and initiatives coming from Group with impacts the PGS processes in the Group ERP solution. This will include providing input during the design and development and assisting during deploy.
- Testing co-ordination and sign-off in support of priority tickets and communication with fellow colleagues.
- Identify and incorporate learning's for best practices to drive further standardization, optimization across regions and CoBs.
- Support operational teams in their deployment/utilization of ERP transactional efficiency components (e.g. Service Entry upload or 3rd Party Access, Auto-PO, Ariba).
- Work closely with IT to ensure seamless design integration and delivery of tools.
- Support PGS activities working with CP, Business and SBO Super Users and process networks.
- Support PGS process training in CP/Businesses in line with appropriate business support model.
- Develop appropriate related PGS training materials and ensure ongoing maintenance, review/ track local business process compliance to design.
- Provide second level/tier support for Run & Maintain activities/queries in line with the Integrated Support Model.
- Ensure related detailed process and technical designs are available and maintained for all ERP and CP related tools/applications.
- Provide process expertise on Group key business controls (authorities, roles, segregation of duties - SOD) and ensure they are implemented in the ERP.
- SAP integration with Ariba ensuring IT solutions are fit for purpose and support of the IT teams for technical testing.
- Successful deployment of Ariba integrated vendors including testing and supporting the Ariba integration team.
- Support multiple Classes of Business (CoBs) & Functions across Group ERPs (GSAP, Chem SAP, Luminon, Blueprint, SERP, Crystal, TSAP, Criterion) and CP related tools/applications (SCV, IOTA, Ariba, TRACK, OAS&A, VS&A, IQN etc.).
- Supports geographically diverse area of operations.
- Key Stakeholder Interface (CP Operations, CP in the Business, Maintenance, Projects, Turnarounds, Finance, Tax, etc.).
The incumbent needs to deal well with change, be comfortable with ambiguity and have the simultaneous ability to have a deep understanding of detail whilst having a concise ability to explain the bigger picture to varies audiences. Must have the ability to balance multiple competing priorities.
The incumbent must have the ability to cultivate effective working relationships both with internal stakeholders and external supplier representatives when implementing new processes. This position requires close alignment with each of the CoBs to ensure process compliance and support in key areas.
Close integration with all CoBs and Functions so as to ensure integrated process solutions.
Understanding integration requirements for business area use of SAP Finance, Project Systems and Plant Maintenance modules.Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum of six (6) years related experience is required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Direct experience of Requisition-to-Pay (RtP) or Manage Materials (MM) processes with proven track record in at least 2 sub-process areas (MRD, MP or AP, IM, IR, MMMP, WM).
- Expert technical knowledge of SAP Materials Management module functionality across all ERP's is required.
- Awareness of other SAP modules (PS, PM, etc.) would be preferred or an advantage.
- Knowledge of Category Management & Contracting Processes (CMCP) is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in identifying and resolving RtP business process issues, and developing/implementing RtP business process improvement plans.
- Strong influencing, communication and networking skills, including the ability to tailor a complex message to different audiences.
- Ability to deal with multiple parallel activities & priorities and constant change.
- Customer Focus and ability to display Interpersonal Effectiveness.
- Demonstrated experience with Project Management principles.
- Working knowledge of Change Management topics.
- Ability to develop and implement pragmatic and smart solutions to challenges.
- A high-energy team player that can effectively work virtually in diverse, cross-functional teams.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.