Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
- Day-to-day lab operations- manage workflow, direct staff, solve throughput issues, and maintain instruments within working specifications.
- Handle questions from internal clients and sales involving priority assignments, operational issues, and interpreting data.
- Oversee maintenance and repair of all instruments, including GC, GCMS, IC, and scintillation counter. Reviews test data and notifies instrumentation chemist of chromatography issues and necessary maintenance for the day.
- Support the execution of the quality management system. Actively contribute to development of protocols and collaborate on quality investigations and reviews of quality specs.
- Review and assess laboratory production procedures, project business goals, budgets, and capital expenditures annually.
- Manages transfer of new technology from R&D to production, which includes documentation of new process, proper training of staff, validations of new processes, preparation of new standards and controls, production troubleshooting, and communication with R&D team with any problems that arise.
- Management of personnel including: hiring, performance management, and terminations.
- Monitor the operation and profitability of the laboratory.
- Controls safe handling of waste disposal to meet necessary municipal, state and federal guidelines.
- Oversee the managed inventory from third party vendor for lab supplies. Maintain appropriate inventory levels of all supplies in response to volume of samples throughout the week. Manage costs and oversee procurement for the laboratory. Annual vendor negotiations to cap costs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Chemistry required or equivalent education.
- 5+ years' experience in an analytical quality control lab role preferably in a production environment.
- Process engineering experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the following instrumentation: GC, GCMS, HPLC, and IC.
- Great organizational and project planning skills.
- Ability to guide and mentor others and demonstrates leadership skills
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Understanding and experience with analytical instrumentation: GC, GC-MS, HPLC, and IC
- Understanding and experience with analytical software preferred
- Strong knowledge of chemistry principles and analytical techniques
- Microsoft Office Products
- Familiarity with sample management system
Ability to read, analyze and interpret instructional and technical materials relating to technical procedures, quality management, safety; and applicable government regulations. Ability to write applicable reports and correspondence clearly. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors, customers and laboratory staff.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability compute rate, ratio, percent and quantities (linear, volumetric, or weight) and to read and interpolate applicable data and tables. Able to draw and interpret applicable graphs and control charts.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats.
Hire, performance reviews, mentoring, training, disciplinary actions, and terminating of employees. Maintain applicable laboratory safety programs and good housekeeping practices in the laboratory. Understand and satisfy all Company Quality Program requirements. Ensure that laboratory testing is performed and reported promptly and accurately in accordance with applicable standards. Show the potential to develop leadership skills with employees.
Laboratory Supervisors are expected to exhibit professional appearance and attitude. They are also expected to motivate fellow employees to act in harmony. Willingness and ability to meet and interact with the Division's customers is required. Laboratory Supervisors are also required to visit customers periodically to maintain their business relationship with the Division.
Laboratory Supervisors must be ready to accept job assignments at any time, including scheduled days off.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required, but preferred experience in quality environment, six sigma training or greenbelt certified.
The physical demands described here are representative, but not necessarily all-inclusive, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and test or smell. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Employee must regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions when safety is not compromised.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The Company provides product information, training, engineering controls, and personal protective equipment in an effort to protect employees from exposure to potentially harmful levels of those materials. Employees are required to read product information, use available engineering controls, follow guidelines presented during training, and be able to wear and use appropriate protective equipment, including respiratory protective equipment, as may be required by the work environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.