Skills: Electrical Technician
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is currently recruiting for an Offshore Maintenance Electrical Technician for a 12 month contract.
We are looking for highly skilled candidates to join our offshore team working across multiple projects within UK waters.
Key elements of this role will be to ensure that the performance and availability of electrical equipment meets the standards required to achieve safety, production and environmental targets.
Job Title: Maintenance Electrical Technician
Ref No: 12443
Location: Gryphon FPSO
Project/Client : Total
Duration: 12 Months
Start Date : ASAP
Key aims and objectives:
- Carrying out planned maintenance in accordance with the requirements of the planned maintenance system.
- Maintaining the installations power supply and switchgear.
- Isolating and de isolating high voltage and medium voltage systems
- Ensuring an adequate spares holding for electrical systems.
- Minimising downtime and contributing to the achievement of production targets
- Prepare technical reports as required
- Inspection and maintenance of electrical equipment in hazardous areas
- Fault finding and rectification for electrical systems
- Carrying out emergency duties as required by the OIM
Qualifications & certification
- Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship (Older apprenticeships will be indentured and normally include a C&G qualification)
- HNC in Electrical Engineering (post 2009 apprenticeship)
- NVQ/SVQ Level 3 certification in Maintenance or equivalent
- SJIB (Scotland) / JIB (England)
- COMPEX (Mandatory for this role)
- IEE Current Edition
- HV switching
- MV switching.
Ideally, candidates will also have the following experience:
- Good knowledge of high and medium voltage generation and distribution systems
- Good knowledge of electrical fault finding techniques
- Fully conversant with rules for certified electrical equipment in hazardous areas
- Knowledge of hydrocarbon production systems and associated hazards
- Understanding of process instrumentation
- A full understanding of the role of Authorised Electrical Person
- General understanding of fire and gas detection and ESD systems
- Fully familiar with permit to work systems, and isolation procedures
- Must have the necessary competencies in electrical Discipline to carry out routine, corrective, breakdown and condition based maintenance.
- Able to carry out fault finding and installation, isolation and re-instatement of offshore/onshore equipment
- Ability to carry out work-site inspections
- Able to read, interpret and mark up electrical/electronic technical schematic drawings to as built status
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR)