Skills: Marine Supervisor
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
~~We are currently recruiting for a Master Mariner for one of our external clients, Duties of the MM includes take rank and precedence over all Officers placed under his command and has overall responsibility for all shipboard operations, ensuring that the Officers and crew are familiar with and discharge their duties safely and efficiently.
Main duties: • Responsibile for the safety of the vessel, its personnel onboard and for pollution prevention.
• Ensure that all instructions from the Operations and Technical departments Client or Charterer, are fully documented.
• Ensure at all times the safety of the crew, vessel and cargo.
• Be Chairman of the Ship Safety Committee (where one is held onboard).
• Ensure all measures to prevent pollution of the environment are exercised.
• Continually review and uphold the operational efficiency, moral and welfare of his Officers and ratings.
• Before taking command of the vessel, he/she must be fully aware of all factors affecting the immediate operation of the ship.
• Be fully conversant with Merchant Shipping Legislation and the requirements of authorities at each port of call.
• In addition to Company Standing Orders, the Master shall issue their own "Standing Orders" to the Officers for the efficient operation of the ship.
• All shipboard procedures and risk assessments are reviewed on an annual basis to ensure that all records kept onboard and those submitted to the Operations and Engineering Offices and other authorities are completed neatly and accurately.
• Make a daily inspection, where possible, of all parts of the vessel with particular attention to public areas, machinery spaces, Officers' and Ratings' cabins, food preparation areas, store rooms and galleys, ensuring that high standards of cleanliness, hygiene and preservation are maintained.
• Ensure that all his staff are identifiable as CREW wearing the appropriate uniform or working and protective clothing.
• Satisfy one's self that the vessel is in all respects prepared for the voyage, taking into account such factors as, stability, stress, trim and watertight integrity.
• Ensure that there are sufficient bunkers for the voyage, including reserve.
• Attend "pre-departure" (as required) briefing with Operations Manager as well as conduct a pre-departure brief with the Officers onboard and review and approve the voyage plan. In liaison with the Chief Engineer, ensure that all voyage requirements are met. • Submit at intervals described in the Company Procedures Manuals, various reports on the vessel's condition and operation to the Operations and Engineering Offices.
• Be actively involved in the navigation of the vessel and personally supervise the vessel's navigation when entering or leaving port, when in confined waters, approaching land or any danger, during fog or poor visibility or other adverse weather conditions.
• In small vessels where there is no Chief Officer or Junior Officer, the Master shall assume the duties of those officers.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
• STCW II/2 Master
• ENG1 Medical
• GMDSS Restricted / VHF
• Fire Fighting
• PSSR and First Aid Personal Survival Training and CPSC
• MCA Stability of Workboats
• HELM Training Additional features:
About Our Company
From our roots in agricultural inspections, Peterson and Control Union have been operating for nearly 100 years in the field of logistics, quality, certifications and risk management. Our in-depth knowledge and experience covers all aspects of the supply chain in many industries including agriculture, energy, forestry, sustainability and textiles. We partner with organisations and offer a bespoke recruitment service across various industries.
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.