Skills: Reservoir Engineering, Software Specialist
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This is a permanent and residential position based in the NOC Head Office in Doha. A tax free salary and comprehensive benefits package with family status, educational assistance and other benefits is on offer for the right candidate.
Scope of Work
- Maintain and implement data and information systems focused on Reservoir management and Reservoir monitoring.
- Assure data integration within RGS and between RGS and other NOC entities.
- Responsible for the efficient data management, access and delivery of reliable Reservoir Engineering and G&G subsurface data and information.
- In close cooperation with the RGS Reservoir entity:
- Support the delivery of the Reservoir Management databases and associated Reservoir Management data solutions and tools.
- Develop and support reservoir data visualization and data analysis tools.
- Source, manipulate and prepare reservoir data for loading.
- Ensure the timely QC, loading and delivery of reservoir data taking into account the confidentiality rules and procedures.
- Identify and develop opportunities to connect databases to remove the need for data duplication.
- Identify opportunities to improve reservoir data quality and implement the according processes.
- Define, map and deliver work and data flows with respect to the RGS processes, in particular for the RE and PT domains.
- Optimize the data and database integrity concerning corporate, reference and project databases.
Education: MSc or BSc preferably Reservoir Engineering or Petroleum Engineering related field
Professional experience: At least 3 year experience in RE data management and/or data analysis.
- Knowledge of geosciences & reservoir data and applications.
- Experience and excited to work on large data sets and able to script with Python, C++, visual basic or other scripting languages and query languages (SQL).
Behavioral competencies: strong communication skills, taking initiatives and decisions.
Fluent in English.