Job Description Purpose & Accountability:
The Area Maintenance Electrical Technician role is part of the Pearl GTL Maintenance Team responsible for carrying out support related preventive and corrective maintenance activities for the Pearl GTL Complex. The incumbent will be accountable for the support to preventive and corrective maintenance to Electrical Equipment based on approved Projects, Maintenance Strategies, Procedures and Working Instructions to ensure the Availability and Integrity of the installed Electrical Equipment and systems thus meeting the requirements of the company.
The job offers the unique opportunities to be a part of the Pearl GTL organization and ensure that the electrical equipment and systems operate according to plan.
Compliance to the Companies code of conduct, Procedures and Permit to work are mandatory requirements.Dimensions:
The Area Maintenance Electrical Technician will be part of the Pearl GTL Maintenance Team and liaise with the Projects,
Turnaround and Engineering Departments in the Pearl GTL Asset organization, he/she will be reporting to the relevant Area
Electrical Supervisor in the Area Maintenance team.Principal Accountability and Responsibilities:
- Assist in operational activities through equipment inspection and maintenance activities-based QA/QC procedures and Reliability Centered Maintenance techniques
- Contribute to the reliability and integrity of the plant electrical equipment by application of approved standards, procedures and schedules and effect control within an ISO certified quality assurance system
- Establish materials and equipment required to complete correctly all allocated tasks.
- First intervention in troubleshooting and analysis
- Access tasks and ensure accurate history of maintenance & inspection activities within the Computerised Maintenance Management System
- Carry out Electrical Isolation, disconnection and connection as required in accordance with Electrical Safety Rules/Electrical Safety Procedures (ESR/ESP's) and PTSW systems
- Carry out the inspection/testing program of electrical hand tools and portable equipment
- Carry out condition monitoring of installed electrical equipment and record results through the Computerised Maintenance Management System
- Carry out installation works resulting from approved plant changes/projects as directed by the Electrical Reliability Engineer
- Develop specific work instructions and update documentation on request
- Execution of all tasks in accordance with the ESR/ESP's as Authorised Electrical Person
- Ensure compliance with the Company's QSHE policy and guidelines
- Assist in controlling Electrical documentation /data
- Assist in training and assessing operator technicians in activities that support the Basic Equipment Care program
- Participate in the Duty Roster
- Act independently in the field
Shell is the largest foreign investor in Qatar and has invested US$ 21 billion in Qatar alone in the past six years. Joining Shell in Qatar will see you work on some of the world's most innovative energy projects: Pearl GTL and Qatargas 4. Innovation is key at Shell, and your career will be propelled by Shell's commitment to your career, which will accelerate your learning curve and broaden your scope. Moreover, our diverse pool of global experts will see you engage with colleagues worldwide. Qatar is the world's largest LNG supplier, and Shell's global leadership in LNG will help forge growth in the years to come.Requirements Skills & Requirements:
The candidate should have at least OND/ONC or equivalent in Electrical with at least 8-10 years engineering/operations/ maintenance experience in either onshore or offshore facilities of the Petrochemical Industry.
Knowledge and experience in Electrical Distribution, Electrical Installation, Maintenance Execution, Area Classification/IEC based Ex equipment and Electrical Protection Inspection/Testing is required.
Experience in troubleshooting and analysis of equipment failure is required.
Exposure to working on both online and shutdown facilities would be advantageous. The incumbent shall have knowledge in scientific principles, different measuring principles, engineering fundamentals and computer technology and have the ability to mentor junior colleagues.
The incumbent will need be assessed and approved as an Authorised Electrical Person to fulfil the requirements of this position.
The incumbent shall have the ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment and must be able to communicate effectively. Fluency in both written and verbal English is mandatory and tests will be given.Disclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.