Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Beijing, Beijing, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
To assist the Deputy Controller / Country Controller in delivering Manage of Change projects as the result of new business development, L&F update, Group new initiative e.g. VASCO etc; driving Continuous Improvement initiatives to meet more stringent L&F compliance requirements and providing China country MI to CCT (Country Co-ordination Team).
To take LEFR (Legal Entity FN Representative) for a small to medium size Shell entity according to PRC Accounting Law & Accounting Basic Work Standardization. It will require an individual from the accounting profession who has excellent technical knowledge & experience and strong influencing and communication skills to engage different internal and external stakeholders including local authorities to ensure legal and fiscal compliance, statutory reporting compliance within a robust financial control framework.
Manage of Change
This role will support the Deputy Controller who acts as MOC finance focal role in Country Controller organisation, the responsibility is included but not limited as below:
- Support Deputy Controller (who is the project lead) for country wide relevant finance regulatory change (excluding those under accountability of country tax lead or country treasurer) and finance lead for country wide regulatory change led by non finance functions/business that need a cross business finance representative.
- Support Deputy Controller to create discipline and drive excellence in management of change project to minimise risk from change, drive efficiency and effectiveness from country centre of excellence in setup, embedding into existing operations new changes and proper documentation of requirements/processes/procedures to ensure sustainability of operational compliance with the design.
- Fulfilling the role of document owner for MoC procedure as per Group Records Management requirement.
- Lead and/or support (by providing input, expertise, facilitate communication and resolution of issues) process Improvement Initiatives to meet more stringent external compliance requirement
- Support group/finance/business initiatives, rationalisation eg; business model or portfolio, IFRS16, VASCO etc
Function Cost and Country Financials
- Support Deputy Controller in managing China Corporate function cost in budgeting, monitoring and appraisal. Provide regular report to CCT (Country Co-ordination Team),
- Work with FO, FiB, business focal to consolidate China country financials to CCT (Country Co-ordination Team),
- Some other ad hoc reports/analysis
Corporate Controllership Activities:
Statutory Reporting Per China Accounting Law requirement:
Monthly review local Statutory Report prepared by FO and ensure compliance with statutory requirements, and submit to local authority on-line via local authority system or physically submission through FN agent;
Review annual audit accounts and group/statutory difference reconciliation prepared by FO, and signoff the accounts as FN representative, legally liable for report integrity, accuracy and compliance. Answer the query and explain the financial status to internal or external stakeholders during report submission;
Other Legal & Fiscal required activities:
Single point of contact for local authority (tax bureau, statistic bureau, finance bureau, SAFE, custom, etc), name and contact number are recorded in various official forms. Coordinate internal resource to serve finance related external authority visitors, representation of finance manager of legal entity;
Monthly submission of other legal & fiscally required reports including SAFE report, provincial statistical report, etc. to local authority. Detailed list of required reports, pls refer to below attachment;
Online submission and information disclosure of united government annual inspection, including Statistic bureau, State tax bureau, local tax bureau, SAFE, Finance Bureau;
Coordinate for authority inspection or audit, if any, including collecting the required supporting documents and present variance explanation to authorities;
Responsible for entity finance related record management to compliance with regulation requirement: make sure FN records that should be retained are properly filed into TRIM or hardcopy retained;
Review the monthly and annually tax filing prepared by FO and timely submit tax return, including direct tax (Enterprise Income Tax, Withholding Tax) and indirect tax (Value added Tax, Consumption Tax, Business tax, Stamp duty, Surtax, etc);
Review and submit asset loss deduction supporting prepared by FO (including: accounting booking, approval, quantity, amount, photo, contracts etc.) and prepare explanation letter to explain business reasons/rationale for asset loss tax deduction purpose to tax authority;
Interface with local 3rd party audit firm to finalize the asset loss deduction report and EIT annual audit report (invoice sample and other related supporting documentation) for annual tax filing purpose;
Review and submit related party transactions report (including transfer pricing contemporary information, if required by tax bureau) and align with tax advisor;
Supervise agent to timely and appropriately apply, print out, certify Chinese Fapiao, apply Fapiao scale upgrading;
Interface with tax authority to explain the business momentum, provide tax forecast with rationale, consult appropriate treatment or operation practice for any new regulation, new practice, special transactions, etc, answer any queries from tax bureaus, and prepare written explanation letters upon different requests from tax bureau with the guidance from tax advisor;
Coordinate resources to support tax inspection, self-check, audit or various investigations, including coordinate various parties to provide audit required materials, attending interview, explaining about accounting transactions and draft explanation report/letters, etc;
Support foreign exchange service payment to review and submit supporting documents prepared by FO to tax bureau to obtain WHT certificate for releasing payment purpose.
China is a multi-sector business with major new business development activity with significant, high pace growing Downstream (DS), Upstream (US) and Project & Technology (P&T) businesses. They are over 30 legal entities incorporated in China, UK and Netherlands.
Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of Shell's core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world's energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways.
- Degree in the areas of Business, Finance or Accounting and professional certification(s) (CPA, ACCA or CIMA) preferred with 3- 5 years experience
- Strong motivation in maintaining technical expertise in the field of accounting policy to ensure constant updates to knowledge on changes in the accounting standards and policies
- Highly disciplined in meeting deadlines and ability to deliver results under pressure
- Motivation and drive to deliver changes, to improve processes and results
- Good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with local teams and virtual team in Finance Operations and relevant stakeholders at Group level
- SAP knowledge and controls
- Good PC skills
- Ability to work effectively with different cultures in a D&I compliant manner
- Fluent Spoken/Written Chinese/English skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video