Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Office Assistant located in Austin, Texas through November 21, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position reports to the Texas State Government Affairs Manager.
Requisition ID# 396215
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Manages Business Membership/Social Investment budgets for Austin and Santa Fe PGPA office through the Gifts Program:
- Assists and facilitates development, planning and implementation of the budget.
- Reviews and recommends funding levels and ensures company's guidelines, requirements and business plan objectives are met.
- Develops and oversees the Austin and Santa Fe State Government Affairs G&A budgets:
- Analyzes monthly expenses and recommends alternatives & cost-efficient methods for controlling actual costs; review monthly expenses to ensure accuracy and adherence to objectives.
- Produces required budget documentation; tracks expenditures through SAP and prepares reports on status.
- Manages corporate and CEPAC political contributions budgets Austin State Government Affairs through the internal request system:
- Assists and facilitates implementation of the budget.
- Produces required documentation; tracks and reports expenditures and prepares periodic reports.
- Manages lobbyist registrations and reporting for Austin and Santa Fe State government Affairs offices.
- Tracks legislation and regulations at the state and local levels.
- Manages office procurement function:
- Reviews monthly records of expenses to ensure accuracy and adherence to objectives and produces all required budget documentation.
- Tracks expenditures through SAP and resolves discrepancies.
- Manages and oversees all aspects of building management including physical office space, lease, communications, computers, office equipment, furnishings and maintenance contracts for Austin and Santa Fe State Government Affairs office.
- Assist with administrative tasks and workflow activities including but not limited to: schedule management, travel coordination, expense reporting, on-boarding/off-boarding, planning and scheduling meetings, preparation of documents, spreadsheets, databases, and slide materials, order office supplies and equipment; process PCard transactions in CTREX.
- Perform special projects, analyses and/or evaluations as requested.
- Administers and coordinates Policy 530 for the Austin State Government Affairs office.
- Manages internal office coordination:
- Perform research as defined and requested, support the development of briefing materials and execute other special projects, such as creation of PowerPoint presentations and associated content development
- Coordinate events/meetings including scheduling, meeting logistics, disseminating meeting agendas and pre-reads.
- Manage internal stakeholder engagement tracking process
- Coordinate Executive visits
- Data entry for reporting protocols
- Assist with compliance requests
- Coordinate travel plans and meeting activities
- Work with team to develop, implement and oversee strategic projects that directly support the business plan.
- Coordinate conference calls/teleconferences/video conferences
- Build and maintain distribution lists
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Skilled computer user with strong understanding of administrative support skills, including capabilities in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), SharePoint, GIFTS, and the functions and reporting features of SAP.
- High level of independence, initiative, discretion, good judgment in handling job responsibilities and assignments, and ability to maintain confidentially around sensitive issues.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Keen attention to detail and highly organized.
- Ability to plan, balance and multi-task job responsibilities based on business need; approach work proactively to maintain a high level of accomplishment.
- Ability to meet deadlines while producing high quality work; ability to anticipate needs and follow through to completion.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience working in Public, Government and Affairs Administration.
- Experience working with legislative political contributions and tracking systems.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks to meet deadlines, produce high-quality output on time, adaptability in a fast-paced environment, and is self-motivated and energetic.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze routine situations, identify deficiencies, and apply problem-solving skills to resolve difficult situations or project related issues and implement process improvements.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.