Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sakhalin Oblast, Russia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Electrical Engineer is responsible for engineering design and projects execution pertaining to electrical discipline. This includes any designs done by consultants or third party companies working for the company worldwide.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities and duties of Electrical Engineer include the following.
- Engineering Design, Modeling and Drafting by producing good quality working drawings, as per project requirements
- Ensure all work is carried out in line with industry and local code requirements to ensure continued certification. RUSA / RUSD compliance.
- Coordination of design approval process and project execution.
- Reviews technical documentation provided by consultants, vendors or other third party companies pertaining to electrical discipline.
- Writing technical specifications and procedures.
- Maintain good business records and document retention in line with company policies and relevant external audit bodies, as required.
- Attend face to face meetings with partners, customers and suppliers if required
- Assists in the schedule estimation process for new construction and modification projects.
- Responsible for equipment selection and specification.
- Responsible for the development of test and commissioning procedures.
- Troubleshoot existing product and application designs to become knowledgeable in swift problem resolution
- Solve internal and external customer's technical and practical problems
- Field trips and project execution surveys as required
- Other duties may be assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sound engineering knowledge in the design, construction and operation of drilling rigs.
- Working knowledge of code requirements pertaining to the design, and operation of both land and offshore drilling rigs.
- Proficient in Russian regulatory and engineering code requirements.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Graduated Engineer - Diploma in Engineering Technology degree Electrical engineering from an accredited university
- 3 years' experience as design or project engineer
- Excellent working knowledge of 2D Autodesk AutoCAD,
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Russian language is helpful, but not required.
- Must be able to work in a drug-free workplace -- not be under the influence of mind-altering prescription or non-prescription drugs, including alcohol and other drugs of abuse.
- Normally personnel work 28-days on, 28-days off -- a minimum of 12 hours a day