Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Gladstone Central, Queensland, Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
In this senior role you will be responsible for the provision of dedicated Electrical Engineering support as part of the LNG Operations Engineering team to ensure world class Reliability and Availability of Electrical Generation and Distribution Equipment and Electrical plant required for the safe operation of QCLNG.
Some of the key accountabilities in managing Engineering & Safety issues include the following:-
• Responsible for Managing the integrity of the LNG Plant through Inspection, Maintenance, and the Engineering Management of Change process.
• Actively Manage Threats and Opportunities to maximise Availability of electrical generation and distribution systems required to support the safe operation of QCLNG.
• Develop discipline strategic plans and drive Continuous Improvement to ensure Safety and Reliability of key electrical infrastructure for the life cycle of the Asset.
• Technical Authority ensuring compliance with Discipline Controls and Assurance Framework (DCAF), monitoring and reporting on Asset Integrity as required through periodic audit and assessment.
• Overseeing the reactive and preventative Maintenance programs (scope and frequency) to ensure maximum facility uptime including critical function testing.
• Provide Quality Engineering and Technical Support to Shut down planning teams and Operations during break downs to ensure timely restoration of operations, providing clear reports, identifying root causes and remedial actions required to prevent a re-occurrence.
• Responsible for managing expenditure of approved budget items within the discipline scope of work.
• Promote and proactively engage with site Behavioural Based safety initiatives to ensure the safety of employees, reporting all non-conformances.
• Champion for Electrical Safety, ensuring adherence to Global and site Electrical Safety Rules, leading incident investigations as required.
You will manage a small team of electrical engineers and will make sure they are compliant to HR policy and rules, ensuring teams yearly performance goal setting is completed within the appropriate timeframes.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
To be successful in the role you will have demonstrated experience in a Lead Electrical Engineering role, ideally involving the Operation & Maintenance of LNG or Oil & Gas plant. You should be familiar with generation and transmission of HV electrical networks including switching activities. Having demonstrable competence in Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Area Classification and equipment selection, design and maintenance will be advantageous to the role.
You will be a strong leader, having experience working in small engineering teams providing supervision and guidance to others, in both technical and non-technical issues.
You will be experienced in the development and review of engineering processes/procedures and have a detailed knowledge of QLD Electrical Safety Act and Regulations.
The ideal candidate will have a Tertiary Electrical Engineering qualification, relevant experience in an operational engineering role plus have current RPEQ status or the ability to gain RPEQ.
With a strong commitment to Safety and Environment you will have in-depth experience in electrical engineering managing Asset Integrity risks on an LNG or O&G facility. Experience with safety management systems and the application of HSSE principles are essential.
Crucial to the success of this role is the ability to work effectively in/and across multi-functional teams and interface with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, whilst maintaining a high work level of work ethic, being able to work autonomously and being passionate about driving our company's safety performance.
You will have a high level of problem solving skills, ability to think around issues and problems and find solutions. We are looking for a results orientated and motivated achiever with good time management skills.
This role is based in Gladstone with time split between mainland office and Curtis Island.
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.