Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position is located in Denver as a member of the DJ Basin Land Team.
- Minimum 2 year of successful oil and gas land management experience strongly preferred
- Goal and solution-oriented with the ability to remain flexible, motivated, and focused during times of changing priorities and compressed project deadlines
- Strong negotiation, conflict-management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently of others with limited supervision; will perform routine tasks individually or complex assignments within a group; easily adaptable for working on multiple project teams as an individual contributor or in a leadership role
- Knowledge and understanding of CO state and local oil and gas and land use rules and regulations
- PC proficiency; experienced use with Microsoft Suite of products to include Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Knowledge of and ability to draft written agreements, apply for permits, and draft varied rights-granting documents in compliance with company guidelines and procedures
- Strong self-organization and time management skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with landowners
- Acquires land rights and develops contacts to promote exploration and production activities in newly identified exploration project areas
- Negotiates and acquires all oil and gas rights associated with upstream and/or midstream operations
- Manages teams of contract landmen in assisting with the above efforts.
- Engages in legal research on acreage to determine burdens and encumbrances on the minerals and/or surface.
- Works cooperatively with internal counterparts in Regulatory, Operations, Construction, Engineering, Geology, HSE, Midstream, etc. to build comprehensive plans for development of Anadarko DJ Basin assets.
- Coordinates with various local, state and federal regulatory bodies and agencies, municipalities and other governmental agencies having jurisdiction in Colorado as required to support project requirements
Bachelor's degree in Petroleum, Energy Management, Business, Law or other relevant degree required
This position may be eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 10%.
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule.
Anadarko does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas. Our diverse portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, our 4,500 employees worldwide are focused on living our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all we do. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
We want a diverse set of individuals who share our values and place priority on safety and environmental protection to help us achieve our mission. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it. If our values and mission excite and interest you, we want to hear from you! Learn more at www.anadarko.com.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/anadarkopetroleumcorporation
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.