Skills: Petroleum Engineering, Production Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The position is located in Anadarko's Midland office and supports production engineering surveillance of our operations in the Delaware Basin. The job entails monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing Anadarko's base and wedge production. Additionally, the engineer will work on daily surveillance, artificial lift selection, chemical programs, field coordination, and downtime mitigation solutions. As a production engineer, expectations include collaborating and communicating with field operations and extended teams.
- 3+ years of experience in production engineering is preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of CygNet, Aries/PEEP, OpenWells, and Spotfire
- Understanding of reservoir inflow performance and nodal analysis to optimize well design
- Experience with surface processing equipment, measurement, and allocation
- Strong understanding of downhole hardware, artificial lift equipment, wellhead, and tree component assemblies
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with minimal direction in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Excellent project management and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with field operations, technical peers, and management.
- Oversee an assigned an area of the field, which is comprised of 50-100 horizontal wells
- Monitor and maintain base and wedge production associated with assigned geographical area
- Engage in well surveillance by analyzing data and recommending actions to increase well performance
- Minimize downtime by proactive planning and associated actions to return wells to production
- Facilitate well reviews and identify/implement a plan of action for wells considering productivity and economics
- Provide technical feedback on production variances
- Evaluate production volumes and perform diagnostics and recommend technical/operational changes as required
- Perform p roduction surveillance that includes well and artificial lift optimization
- Manage lease operating expenses by providing technical and financial support to field operations in efforts to control and reduce LOE. Support the annual budget process for LOE
- Determine technical solutions and implement new technology by working closely with production team advisor
- Analyze entire system and evaluate options for pipeline and facility debottlenecking through coordination of product
re-routing through alternate pipeline infrastructure and/or trucking options
Candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Petroleum, Mechanical, or Chemical) or other related area.
Valid driver's license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle is required.
This position is eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 15 - 25%. Travel will generally be in a company vehicle from the Midland office to the field office or well locations. Travel by air to other corporate offices may occur once per quarter or less.
This position is eligible for a 9/80 work schedule.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in the Woodlands, Texas. Our deep and balanced portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and resource plays, and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, we are focused on our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all of our business activities. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare. At Anadarko, we directly employ more than 4,900 men and women and we strive for excellence in all that we do. We know the best vision in the world will not be realized without the right people.
At Anadarko, we set ambitious goals and take disciplined risks to achieve them. We need individuals who will take on this challenge. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it.
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.