The Process Technician is responsible for monitoring, controlling, starting and stopping equipment (such as pumps, furnaces, etc.) that pertain to unit operation and taking corrective action when necessary to ensure that all unit conditions and operations are following the Company's safety, environmental and operating policies and procedures.
Typical duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring strict compliance with the Company's safety policies and procedures, taking immediate corrective action in the event a potential issue or unsafe behavior is observed
- Ensuring proper turn-over by providing effective written and oral communications to the relieving shift and technician that cover routine and non-routine issues, problems faced, unit operating conditions, etc.
- Monitoring and accurately recording temperatures, pressures and rates of flow for upward or downward trends
- Utilizing process control computer interfaces to maintain variables within target rates
- Maintaining good communications with other team members and with other facility teams (Utilities, Logistics, etc.).
- Actively participating in the development and performance of assigned group tasks
- Performing required unit production quality control checks and analysis
- Ensuring that operations are within environmental permitting requirements
- Performing required preventative maintenance and assisting in the troubleshooting of potential issues while aiding others when unit problems occur
- Ensuring efforts are documented in accordance with policies and procedures
- Communicating with engineers, maintenance technicians and other team members to assist in identifying maintenance issues and planning and scheduling maintenance activities
- Properly using personal computers for meeting daily performance expectations and accessing plant and unit information and procedures
- Actively assuming personal accountability for meeting the Company's standards of continuous personal and professional development
- Participating in training and responding to emergency situations as required
- Actively complying with all operating policies and procedures
- Ensuring that work stations and the work location are clean and free of hazards
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis now and in the future without requiring sponsorship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must currently hold or can qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- Must be able to read, speak, and write English fluently and understand operating procedures
- Must demonstrate a competency at using a process computer interface to manipulate and control an operating process unit
- Formal education and/or training related to production operations or a related skill area is preferred
- Previous experience in a petro-chemical facility, an industrial or manufacturing environment or prior military experience and/or training is preferred
- Emergency Response and/or Fire Fighting training, experience, and/or certification is preferred
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Willingness to take and achieve satisfactory results on Shell's pre-employment testing battery
- Willingness to support the company's drug-free work environment, include random drug screenings. As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from a pre-employment medical screening, background check, and drug tests including hair and oral fluids
- With or without reasonable accommodations, be willing to work at heights; climb ladders and stairs; walk on high elevation grating; work in inclement weather; work around loud industrial equipment; work in compact and confined spaces; and work outdoors
- Willingness to work a 12-hour rotating shift schedule (including night, weekends, holidays and overtime)
- Willing to be on call and meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- The Company emphasizes safety in all phases of its business. With proper training, you must be willing and able to lift 40 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation and able to use safe lifting techniques with the use of heavy equipment
- Willingness to support and comply with Shell's safety policies and safe working practices
- Willingness to work in an environment that requires the daily use of computers
- Willingness to support and comply with Shell's team work environment
- Willingness to support and comply with the company's harassment-free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work practices
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.