Skills: Contracts Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for taking supporting and lead roles in drafting, negotiating and concluding contractual negotiations related to Oceaneering's service lines.
- Draft, review, negotiate and administer contracts for the provision of onshore and offshore services and the domestic and international sale of goods.
- Interface with bids-and-proposals, sales and operations personnel.
- Liaise with Legal, Tax, Finance and Insurance Departments on respective issues to ensure that all contracts comply with Oceaneering's contracting guidelines.
- Maintain contracts files and database with respect to contracts reviewed.
- Support profit center managers in applying contracting principles to understand and address risks associated with various scopes of work.
- Conduct contracts-related training of operations personnel.
- Perform as a team player with a strong work ethic.
- Work additional hours on short notice as may be necessary to meet operational demands.
- Some travel may be required.
- Other duties may be assigned.The list of the job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to the Contract Manager
- Peers include other Advisors and Coordinators
- Bachelor's degree
- Law degree helpful but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Experience of contracting directly supporting sales and operations management's efforts with clients.
- Knowledge of indemnity structures utilized in offshore oil and gas service contracts is essential
- Previous contracting experience in the offshore oil and gas service industry is preferred
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.