Skills: Petroleum Engineering, Production Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Our client is seeking a Production Optimisation Engineer with a focus on value sustainement. This is a long term contract role based in Aberdeen.
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.
· Engineer - Production Optimisation
· Functional and Asset Specific member of Production Support Group.
· Petroleum engineering and production optimisation support to operated assets. Surveillance, analysis and simulation will be used to optimise field production and injection.
· Identification and progression of value adding opportunities (infill drilling and intervention activities)
· Production Optimisation (Value sustainment)
- Daily well surveillance and optimisation of production and injection well stock
- Identification and implementation of production improvement initiatives
- Nodal analysis, well performance modelling and network optimisation
- Gas lift optimisation and trouble shooting
- Production well test analysis and validation
- Preparation of weekly Well Information Pack (well and reservoir management guidelines)
- Well allocation management
- Calculation of Installed Production Capacity (IPC)
- Provide input to choke model & production loss reporting process
- Flow assurance of production and injection wells (including scale and sand management)
· Production Optimisation (Value creation/enhancement)
- Infill well program - provision of all production technology input (upper completion design, artificial lift design and sand face design)
- Subsea interventions (intervention programming/design)
- Petroleum engineering support to subsurface/development team
- Ad-hoc support for Business Development
- Operations support and holiday cover - a proportion of each Production Engineers time is required to support holiday cover for each asset
- Contribute to preparation of technical and commercial justification for well interventions & workovers
- Prepare input for partners meetings and annual production reports (OGA etc.)
- Provide information for 3rd party studies and take part in same
- Occasional offshore visits in support of project execution
· Preferably MSc or equivalent degree in either Petroleum Engineering/Reservoir Engineer or related subject achieving a minimum 2:1 or equivalent.
· Demonstrable experience in a similar role in the Oil/Gas Industry
· Sound theoretical petroleum engineering & production technology exposure.
· Familiarity with industry-standard Petroleum Engineering software methods including well performance modelling, reservoir simulation, and material balance amongst others.
· Familiarity with PVT analysis & interpretation
· Familiarity with production chemistry issues associated with waterflood reservoirs
· Familiarity with rock mechanical issues associated with production and injection
· Familiarity with cased hole logging principles and application
· Familiarity with metering principles and application
· Familiarity with well and plant optimisation strategies
· Excellent presentation and report writing skills
· Effective relationship builder at all levels, both internally & externally
Established in 1981, Raeburn has more than 34 years’ experience supporting our clients in the UK and international Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical Industries.
Raeburn is built upon a solid foundation of experience and genuine hands on appreciation of our client’s project and operational developments - from the very first generation of UKCS offshore platforms to onshore refineries, tension leg platforms, pipeline and subsea completions, deep water projects, FPSO developments and de-commissioning projects, Raeburn have effectively supported our clients at all stages of their UKCS and international upstream and downstream projects and operational requirements with qualified and experienced multi-disciplined personnel.
Our combined knowledge of worldwide Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical projects both onshore and offshore, operations and standards, our unmatched professional technical and commercial recruitment experience, pay-rolling services, access to one of the world’s largest Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical specific databases, and our proven experience in the fields of international Visa, Work Permits, Payroll and Taxation management, ensures that Raeburn are best placed to support our clients with their recruitment needs, and provide support and advice on industry related matters.
Raeburn are fully committed to supporting our clients with all their recruitment and on-boarding requirements, and have the scalable structure, experience and dedication to provide a high quality, unrivalled and professional services enhancing efficiency and adding value to our clients’ businesses.
Raeburn have an outstanding track record of delivery for the Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical industry’s major operators, service companies and contractors at all stages of their developments both in the UK and internationally. We are aware of the ever changing recruitment market and the need to ensure we are pro-active in the delivery of recruitment services provided to our clients, specifically in terms of legislation, technology and contractual demands.
Raeburn’s growing success is built upon our knowledge and expertise within the Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical industries delivering the very highest of standards and reliability in sourcing the very best talent available in the market. Raeburn’s management and our teams of dedicated recruitment professionals are committed entirely to delivery and support for our clients now and in the future.