Duncan, Oklahoma, United States
Duncan, Oklahoma, United States
Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Duncan, Oklahoma, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Applies Industrial Engineering concepts, techniques, analysis and decision tools under general supervision to promote and assist in implementing changes in manufacturing and engineering processes to increase production efficiencies, eliminate waste, reduce inventory, reduce lead times, increase quality and increase overall performance. Manages multiple large value capital projects including researching leading edge technology, recommending capital investment and managing projects through implementation. Develop and present cost justification proposals to management. Lead cross functional teams to design, specify and purchase new equipment and facilitate final installation. Participate and lead efforts to design facility layouts of equipment/processes to maximize efficiency of operation and reduction in travel and product cost. Participates in and supports the Company's Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Under general supervision, manages, defines, negotiates, and controls the scope, cost, risk, and timing of capital and non\capital projects.
- Reviews manufacturing trends to identify areas where improvement is needed and leads teams to determine/implement best solutions.
- Develop the cost estimates, cost comparisons and capital cost justifications for proposed changes.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchases of equipment, tooling, materials or parts per the need of the Business Units.
- Perform technical studies that assess opportunities to optimize the flow of people, materials, and/or product in the process of manufacturing.
- Assess the value of existing processes and workflows as a whole and propose streamlining recommendations or alternatives.
- Design layouts of equipment and workspace for maximum workflow and efficiency
- Participates in and supports the Company's Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Participates in and supports the Company's HSE initiatives.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering.
- This is an entry level position and requires no previous experience.
- Industrial Engineering degree.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work within and lead project teams in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with managing cross-functional projects.
- Project prioritization and planning skills.
- High self-motivation - ability to work independently on multiple projects.
- Functional knowledge of Lean manufacturing and CI concepts.
- Strong problem solving skills, organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to present to large groups.
- CAD knowledge.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and /or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including up to a Sr. Technical Professional, Industrial Engineer.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
100 E Halliburton, Duncan, Oklahoma, 73533, United States
Requisition Number: 66738
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.