Skills: Document Control
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Great Yarmouth, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
WorleyParsons is currently recruiting for a Document Controller to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in our Great Yarmouth office for an initial duration of 6 months.
You will join the Project Controls function which provides Project Control services on projects to include planning, cost control, document control and estimating. Project controls is involved in all stages of the project life cycle including Concept, FEED and the EPC phases subject to scope of requirements. To assist with providing these services, the Project Controls team utilises an in-house integrated project management system interfaced with proprietary systems where appropriate.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- To work as part of a team supporting ongoing Document Management (DM) work - either corporately or on a project. This includes all document management activities required to meet the needs of the onshore and offshore
- Process all documentation received in DMG in accordance with prescribed matrices and within timescales
- To process all types of design documents in accordance to agreed procedures or work instructions
- Perform prescribed quality check on all documents prior to processing
- To accurately enter and update information, approved etc by formal transmittals be e-mail templates
- Accurately allocate and control the numbering of documents and drawings (as required)
- Assist in completing requests, searches and queries as requested by any project personnel
- Complete each task - process, transmit, attach electronic files in EDMS and do hard copy filing before starting next task
- Commitment to and promotion of WorleyParsons values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures
- Educated to Standard Grade Level (pref to include Technical/Engineering, English, Science, and Maths)
- Experienced in working in an engineering project group or document management group
- Experience in document management activities
- Experienced in processing design documentation
- Experienced user of electronic document management systems
- Experience in working to departmental and project procedures
- Experience in working in Oil & Gas environment
- Understanding of electronic file production and retention
- Capable of processing Design documents in accordance with project procedures
- Capable of circulating documents for various issue purposes by formal transmittals on e-mail templates
- Ensuring all project deliverables are stored in the EDMS at every revision and in all relevant formats