This Field Operations Trainer Assessor position is a key role in our Shell Learning Team, based in Perth (with regular travel to the offshore Prelude facility). Working closely with other members of the Organisation Development and Learning team, you will have primary responsibility for leading and assisting in the development and competence assurance of Production Operations staff and be active in the implementation and continual improvement of Learning Team support.Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities of this role are:
- Lead the Competency Assurance and reassurance process for Production Operations Technicians.
- Schedule, communicate and conduct any required training and assessment for Production Operations Technicians, Apprentices and Trainees.
- Develop and review standard Production Operations specific learning resources including desired performance criteria and assessment requirements.
- Lead the internal validation, coaching and assurance of the Shell Australia assessment process and line assessors to ensure high integrity of competence assurance.
- Identify training needs and learning opportunities using previous experience /gap analysis tools and implement an individual training plan to address learning gaps.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the learning pathway aligns with the Production Operations Technician competence requirements.
- Continuous improvement of Training and Assessment Material, including the capture of any local or global lessons learned.
- Ensure compliance with all Shell Competence Assurance requirements and Shell group FLBM (Frontline Barrier Management) standards.
- Ensure compliance with any regulations and standards including those set by AQF / NQC qualifications and competence assurance.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.Requirements The candidate we are therefore seeking for this position, will have/be;
- Lead by example in the fields of HSSE, Diversity and Inclusion, and Social Performance.
- Excellent understanding of process safety and the ability to ensure it plays a significant role in all training & assessment activities
- Significant experience in Oil and Gas or a similar Process with preference in LNG / Upstream or Utilities in an operational role, such as; (Operation Integrity / Ensure Safe Production, LNG operational units and systems, Cryogenics, Storage and Loading, PTW (Permit to Work), Steam Turbines
- TAE Certificate IV - Training and Assessment certification
- Experience working as a Trainer and Assessor in a process or technical field.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn relevant operations and maintenance procedures including HSSE and permit to work.
Crucial to the success of this role is the ability to work collaboratively & lead effectively across multi-functional teams and interface with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, based in various locations, whilst maintaining a high work level of work ethic and being able to work autonomously.
This requires regular off shore travel, therefore, you'll be required to complete a
BOSIET / FOET Qualification (OPITO), MSIC (Maritime Security Card) and Remote / Offshore Fitness for Work Medical.
If you have these skills, relevant engineering qualifications and have the specialist competencies and experience relevant to the petroleum, gas and energy sectors we would love to hear from you.Disclaimer
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.