Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Richmond, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of RTC Environmental Specialist located in Richmond, CA through January 29, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Provide Environmental SME support for Chevron Technology Center located in Richmond, CA. The Technology Center is Chevron's primary lab research and development site. The primary job functions of this position are to provide environmental support to operations, maintenance, technical groups, and line management.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Manage and implement site plans/procedures (SPCC, Incidental Spill Response, Process Safety Information), permits (Air Quality Management District Permit to Operate (PTO), City of Richmond Industrial Discharge Permit, CCHS Aboveground Petroleum Storage Act), and registrations (CARB Large Spark Ignition, Off Road Diesel, Refrigerant management). Contribute environmental guidance to various site procedures (asbestos, lead, compressed gas, mobile equipment, management of change (MOC)).
- Manage and update HMBP (Hazardous Materials Business Plan), and ethanol/precursor program.
- Develop and deliver site training for SPCC, Air Compliance, and other HES training.
- Interface with governmental, internal (OE), and third-party agencies during facility compliance audits and inspections.
- Conduct internal compliance audits to validate and verify compliance and process safeguards in the field and develop action plan to address any gaps.
- Submit timely and accurate reports to governmental agencies (EPA Toxic Release Inventory, BAAQMD PTO Data Update) and internal stakeholders (GHG, Total Waste). Pay environmental fees and taxes.
- Perform Environmental Functional Review on all applicable MOCs, make permitting and regulatory determination, communicate any requirements to workgroups.
- Participate in various corporate communities of practice (ES, TWS, ESHIA, E-Suite, TRI) and implement corporate requirements in a fit-for-purpose manner at the TC.
- Serve as OE Process Advisor for Environmental Stewardship. (ES)
- Work with Process Sponsor and Opco Champions to address concerns and implement programs
- Maintain ES Process document, Environmental Aspects Registers and implement improvement opportunities
- BS Environmental or Engineering degree required
- 3+ years working in environmental compliance required
- Solid technical understanding of environmental regulations. Experience in providing guidance to support operations and working with customers to achieve environmental goals.
- Good understanding of chemistry and the ability to develop emissions calculations used for analytical data to ensure compliance. Develop and submit permit packages accurately. Environmental Subject Matter Expert for all Technology Center projects and processes.
- Communicates effectively with technical and non-technical both in writing and verbally. Demonstrated ability to work on multiple assignments concurrently and reprioritize work to meet changing demands.
- Must be able to approach customers at all levels in multiple operating companies that make up the Technology Center. Work cooperatively with customers to find solutions to their environmental challenges, and partner with them to execute solutions.
- Experience with bay area air requirements
- Experience in working in research and development labs is helpful
- Ability to work productively with a diverse group of functional HES professionals.
- Participate in team events and in building team goals and objectives.
- Support and engage other team members to exchange ideas and review work products for understanding.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.