Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Richmond, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Employee Referral Posting - Planning Analyst - Decision Analysis (PSG 23-25) located in Richmond, CA California.
The successful candidate will become a member of the Decision Analysis Support (DAS) Team. The DAS team provides analytical support to Chevron Downstream & Chemicals including: framing, facilitation, data elicitation, decision opportunity structuring, economic/ fiscal modeling, opportunity and alternatives assessment (including probabilistic assessment), and communication of insights and results to achieve decision clarity and drive decision quality (DQ). We evaluate the impact on the business of alternative investment opportunities, primarily through the Decision Analysis (DA) process, and support the approval process and development of project documentation. We also support strategy development studies and business development and optimization efforts.
The individual will receive mentoring and training support and will work closely with ETC Process Planning staff to build the skills necessary to successfully conduct this type of work. Depending on specific project work scope and complexity, members of the DAS team are typically supporting multiple projects at the same time. Collaboration with other team members is common. This is challenging and great work. It requires strong people skills and very strong analytical skills. Great exposure to where the company is going in the future.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Opportunity definition through framing and facilitation
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of value drivers
- Develop models for economic evaluation
- Evaluate decision trade-offs against tangible and intangible criteria
- Develop documentation to support appropriation requests
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical and/or economic evaluation
- Familiar with the downstream oil business, including the crude oil supply and value chains and have an understanding of refinery operations.
- Ability to design, build, adapt and test fit-for-purpose, Excel/ SDA-based, DA/ economic models.
- Ability to apply qualitative and quantitative analyses (e.g., Value of Information) to generate insights.
- Ability to effectively develop, maintain and apply a high-quality project frame using appropriate tools and processes.
- Experience and effectiveness in facilitation of a variety of sessions including framing, uncertainty estimation, and quality assurance reviews.
- Some travel is required
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Experience in a consulting role or a strategy development role
- Candidates should be familiar with the downstream business, including the crude oil supply and value chains and have an understanding of refinery operations. Lubricants, Additives, and Petchem exposure is valuable.
- Ability to contribute to Strategic Studies and Asset Valuation analyses in support of Mergers and Acquisitions and/or Divestments. Business case development, consultation and analytical support for Strategic Focus Area Research and Development activities.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.