Experience: 75 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron Canada Resources, an indirect subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, has been active in Canada for more than 75 years, exploring for, developing, producing and marketing crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids.
Chevron Canada Resources is actively seeking a Legal Counsel to join our team. This position is based in Calgary, Alberta, and will report to the Vice-President and General Counsel. The successful candidate will be responsible for legal services covering a full range of exploration, development, transportation, production and marketing activities in Canada. The position will provide legal advice and services to various client groups to achieve exceptional results in a fast-paced business environment.
Chevron Canada Resources is accepting online applications for the position of Legal Counsel located in Calgary, Alberta through Tuesday, November 20, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Drafting, reviewing and revising upstream onshore and offshore commercial contracts and agreements;
- Negotiating Supply Chain and Procurement contracts;
- Providing legal advice and support to various client groups such as Marketing, Human Resources, Health, Environment and Safety, Land, IT, Corporate, Tax, Treasury, Finance and Compliance;
- Remaining apprised of applicable legislative changes and updating internal stakeholders, policies and contracts as required;
- Advising applicable stakeholders of the company's legal rights and obligations; and
- Coordinating internal and external resources regarding various transactions and company activities, including litigation, dispute resolution and regulatory matters.
- Minimum 3 - 6 years of post-call corporate/commercial legal experience;
- LLB or JD and an active member of a Canadian law society;
- Experience in any of the following areas would be an asset: labour and employment; health, environment and safety; aboriginal and/or regulatory law;
- Knowledge of corporate/commercial law in the energy industry;
- Strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills;
- Ability to utilize legal concepts in conjunction with company objectives to resolve complex legal issues;
- Team dedication, initiative, attention to detail;
- Executive level oral and written communication skills;
- Willing to go above and beyond to achieve group goals and deadlines;
- Ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information;
- Demonstrates pro-active, collaborative approach with ability to build positive relationships within department and organization;
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing work priorities and deliver high quality, accurate work with multiple deadlines; and
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.