Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron North America Exploration and Production Company is accepting online applications for the position of Field Specialist at the Water Infrastructure PT near Midland, TX through November 19, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position assumes the responsibility of monitoring and optimization of all production process variables, ensuring that all production equipment is operating at peak reliability and efficiency, scheduling and coordinating water delivery for Drilling and Completion activity, coordinating with Recycle operations and assuring proper KPI's are met along with Safety expectations, and acquiring and storing data.
Key Job Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Daily well/meter checks.
- Optimizing ESP's
- Daily Frac pond inspections
- Basic understanding of centrifugal pumps
- Testing wells
- Overseeing routine well/esp work
- Daily record keeping and data input
- Monitoring computer control systems
- Testing safety devices
- Operation and monitoring of SCADA
- Working with other FOT's on recycle facilities
- Working closely with D&C and Project managers on water availability per D&C operations
- Working with Water Transfer vendors to assure equipment availability per scheduling
- Working with Water Strategy Team to allow proper water forecasting for upcoming completion activity
- Bi-weekly scheduling with Water Suppliers
- This position requires driving on a routine basis
- Passed "A" assessment in their current position or equivalent
- At least two years operations experience in oil and gas or related petrochemical industries, including experience with regulations and Drilling and Completions activity.
- Must live within 50 miles of the work location and possess a valid driver's license. Company vehicle will not be available for commute.
- Ability and willingness to cover large area of territory, work weekends, holidays, and overtime based on work activity.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office capabilities (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong commitment to working as a Team
• 3 years Oil and Gas production operations or processing experience
• Strong understanding of Energy Components and EAM
• Strong commitment to follow the Behavior Based Safety Program
• Strong communicator (Written and oral skills)
• Previous Mentoring experience
• Strong commitment to Process Safety (MSW)
• Capable of simultaneously performing multiple tasks with limited supervision
• Ability to manage time effectively, and work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work effectively and cooperatively within the FMT and L&D Team.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Midland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.