Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of DSC IT Ops - Software Engineer located in Makati, NCR (Manila)/Philippines through December 5, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
HIGH LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE:
Integration, Information and IT Ops Services (IIIT Ops Services) is looking for a highly motivated and results driven Software Engineer that can also do some Business Analyst role.
This position will be primarily responsible for the design, development and support of the SAP Master Data Management solution used by Downstream. Maintains a reliable WebMethods platform - including solutions for integrations and MDM OneData (master data maintenance). The position could be involved in projects and enhancements that need to connect key systems into our infrastructure across Downstream business units. This position provides an opportunity to build technical and business domain knowledge in Chevron Downstream. Part of the role is to drive the business requirements gathering process, providing initial triage on the intake of requests, collaborating with business partners and cross-functional analysts to analyze impact and develop solutions, and coordinating efficient end to end test cycles to validate changes and minimize risk. In essence, BAs translate business needs into actions through strong leadership, effective communication, data driven decision making, and by fostering team work across several functions within Downstream IT and Chevron ITC.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Participate in all phases of Software Development lifecycle
- Develop software solution leveraging established Chevron technology standards and collaborate with internal partners to develop new technology standards as needs arise.
- Work with our master data stakeholders to analyze master data requirements - including changes to business rules, User Interface, data structures, and control data
- Work with our SAP technical teams to understand SAP technical requirements for uploading new/changed master data
- Maintain working knowledge of the latest software engineering tools and practices for continuous integration, unit tests, static and dynamic profiling, code coverage, code analysis, and automated tests.
- Collaborate with other product teams to develop and share reusable software components and services, implement consistent automated builds and integrated builds, including managing build servers, build schedules, and build qualities
- This software engineer will become knowledgeable in WebMethods components like Designer, BPM, MFT, MWS, OneData, OFI, JDBC adapter, SAP adapter and CloudStreams adapter. Can have the opportunity to use Dell Boomi for integrations as well.
- Knowledge of the following technologies are a plus: Databases, UNIX, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, Digital Certificates, ETL tools (SSIS, Datastage), EDI, XML, SAP IDOC's, flat files, and experience with cloud integration software.
- Familiar with SAP Master Data Management solution is a plus
- Flexible, proactive, results-oriented, and customer-focused
- Demonstrates ability in problem solving and critical thinking skills for framing, analysis, and synthesis of complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to communicate written and verbally with both business partners and other IT support
- Ability to communicate clearly across cultural and geographic boundaries along with at an appropriate level of detail
- Ability to work with multiple teams and influence/drive to deliver results
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.