Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Stanley, North Dakota, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Position Overview: Conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. Applies knowledge of electrical/electronics and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of Manufacturing.
Reports to: Area Superintendent or Area Manager
Directs Reports: None
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements
- Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components
- Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed
- Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting
- Assists and trains other maintenance and/or other technical level employees
- Performs other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
- 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting
- Willing to work any shift and overtime as required
- Computer experience/operation and PLC programming are necessary
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work
- Must be highly safety conscious
- Exposed to high voltage electricity
- Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field is required
- High school diploma or its equivalent required
- Long periods of sitting and standing may be necessary
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Long periods sitting or being sedentary
- Walking, occasional lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use
- Finger agility for keyboarding
- This is a non-safety sensitive position. However, essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment