2nd Engineer for Self Propelled Jack Up unit - Middle East
The preferred educational level and amount of experience for this function is:
- Marine Engineer III/3
- Experience on similar vessel type (2 years)
Skills and Knowledge
- Able to operate propulsion/power plant machinery, emergency response systems, and other equipment on board (including pumps and piping systems), and perform adequate maintenance on board.
- Able to perform efficient marine and shipboard operations (including start-up and shut down of (propulsion) machinery, (electrical/electronical) equipment and associated systems).
- Able to work according to the intergrated Management System and any legislative regulations by applying consistent standards, utilising applicable forms, procedures and other documentation.
- Ability to cooperate and successfully prepare and complete assigned tasks in an efficient and safe way by confidently working with adequate materials, tools, equipment, and procedures.
- Confident with reading, speaking, writing and understanding English and able to establish effective communication by appropriate means.
- Confident in work preparations and completing all assigned work, in cooperation with the engineering department.
- Able to interpret operations manuals, technical drawings and engineering plans.