Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The position will serve as a mechanical static discipline engineer supporting unconventional Americas projects.
The successful candidate will focus on the integration of Mechanical Static requirements into the projects delivery team while supporting the must win objectives established for unconventionals Americas projects.
The role also ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations, industry codes, standards and recommended practices.
• Interfacing with EPC contractors, Project Delivery Teams, and multi-discipline teams to deliver technical solutions aligned with unconventional assets risk profile.
• Provide technical assurance throughout all project phases (Identify, Assess, Select, Define, Execute, and Operate)
• Knowledge of international codes and standards (API, ASME, ISO, etc.), related to pressure vessels, piping, tanks, valves, and fabrication.
• Knowledge of Welding, NDE methods, failure investigation and repair methodologies
• Experience with piping design, pressure vessel design and valve selection.
• Good listening, communication, presentation, interpersonal and team working skills in multi-cultural environment
• Effectively cooperating to meet project safety, quality, schedule and cost targets
• Provide technical assurance on MOC's for mechanical static issues
• Effectively balance multiple asset project activities
• Participate in HAZOPs
Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum of BS in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 10+ years' experience in Oil & Gas Industry as Mechanical Engineer
• Expected Travel approximately 10%
• Bilingual (Spanish) Preferred
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.