Skills: Budget / Cost Control, Cost Engineer, Estimating
Other Skills: Cobra, EcoSys, SAP, Ares G2, US Cost, cost control, Oil, Gas, Chemical
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Luling, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Location: Luling, LA
Duration: 12 Months
• Recognized degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Business Management from an accredited college or university or a minimum of (7) year's work experience in lieu of a degree
• Minimum of (5) years of experience with cost control and/ or accounting, preferably in Oil, Gas and Chemical Industries.
• Proficiency in using PC operating systems and several basic software applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Proficiency in one or more of the following costing systems/ cost processors (Cobra, EcoSys, SAP, Ares G2, US Cost).
• Proven ability to lead independently on complex project controls issues with superior interpersonal skills, creative solution and problem solving skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact closely and frequently with site construction management and operations personnel while maintaining necessary levels of commercial awareness.
• Ability to work in a fast paced integrative team environment and look out for the best interests of the owner, while maintaining collaborative relationship with contractor.
The ideal candidate will be a professional project controls cost engineer with a strong cost background and demonstrated experience in cost control processes that maintain a robust (EFC) estimated final cost.
This person will need to utilize systems and software to produce reports, track and forecast project costs, and contractor work performance.
This person is expected to firmly understand contractual agreements to most efficiently manage change orders throughout the project.
RESPONSIBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
• Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated experience in cost control, analysis, and change management in a large construction project environment.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct, performs, review, and present cost controls/analysis with minimal supervision using a high level of professional judgment and knowledge related to technical cost management skills and practices.
• Skilled in oral and written communication, with demonstrated ability to present Project Controls Cost Analysis information to project management.
• Knowledge of cost controls and estimating for engineering, procurement, construction and start-up management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience. Knowledge of current of oil, gas and chemical industries and technical developments.
• Analyze / Validate contractor forecasts, estimates, scope transfers, budgets.
• Track performance against the budgets and schedules while correlating performance information against the work processes.
• Identify trends where deviations are about to occur unless action is taken.
• Identify and document scope changes and transfers.
• Prepare content for project and construction status reports.
• Analyze and track estimates for trends/baseline change proposals.
• Interface and coordinate EPCM data inputs for the Control Tower.
• Quality Control and Data integrity checks for Control Tower inputs from EPCM contractor.
• Validate contractor invoices
Located minutes from downtown Houston, "The Energy Capital of the World," G.A.S. Unlimited, Inc. is a staffing specialist to the Oil and Gas Industry.
G.A.S. Unlimited, Inc. was established in 1970 as an Oil and Gas staffing firm serving companies along theTexas Gulf Coast. Since our inception, we have grown into a global Staffing Specialist assisting the United States' top Energy companies and professionals. We are dedicated to providing the leading EPC and Operating companies with superior staffing services and employment management across the nation and around the world, while matching our employees with their future project opportunities.
Our priority is matching clients with employees, not only based on job requirements and worker expertise, but giving due consideration to the business goals of our clients as well.
A growing market requires focused endeavors to circumvent industry challenges. We manage your employment requests; improving cost control, increasing productivity, and reducing risks.
Design and Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Start-up, Operations and Maintenance
Contract, Direct, Contract-to-Direct, Project Management, Payroll Services, Global Logistics and Resources, Recruitment: Expats, OCNs, Locals
Fast fact about G.A.S. Unlimited
• Headquarters: 15999 City Walk Suite 200 Sugar Land, TX 77479 United States
• Website: http://www.gasglobal.com
• Industry: Staffing and Recruiting
• Type: Privately Held
• Company Size: 501-1000 employees
• Founded: 1970
• 42 Years in Business
• Leader in its Field
• Work with Nearly All of the Leading Global EPC Firms (Bechtel, CB&I Lummus, Fluor, Foster Wheeler, Jacobs, KBR, Shaw, Technip, Wood Group, Worley Parsons)
• Provided services to clients on 6 continents
•Focus on All Phases of Asset Life Cycle (Engineering/Design, Construction, Commissioning/Start Up, Operations & Maintenance)
•Operations in 15 Countries
•Expanding to 12 new countries in 2011
•40 years of staffing experience
•Global provider of highly skilled contract personnel to the Energy industry