Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Tax & Royalty Accountant
- Location: Houston
- Supervisory: No
- Degree: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance strongly preferred
- Computer Proficiencies: SAP PRA or equivalent revenue systems and Excel
- Work Experience: 5+ years O&G Revenue experience required with tax and royalty focus. Experience in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and North Dakota is a plus.
This position reports to the Tax & Royalty Supervisor within the Accounting Organization and will be responsible for coordinating external tax and royalty audits, compliance reviews, and data mining requests for the Company's US assets. This position will interface regularly with Revenue Accounting, Production Reporting, Land and Legal. The incumbent will need to demonstrate strong problem solving, organizational, communication, and collaboration skills and a high level of initiative to realize department deliverables and goals within aggressive deadlines.
- Coordinate audits with regulatory agencies
- Ensure timely responses to regulatory requests
- Effectively lead audit conferences and walk-throughs
- Work with Revenue, Marketing, Land, and others to gather documents for audit requests
- Understand the field setup and flow and revenue bookings that flow into the tax and royalty reports
- Possess superior knowledge and understanding of tax and royalty regulations and stay abreast of new regulations
- Maintain positive working relationships with the tax and royalty regulatory agencies
- Work with Supervisor and Lead Accountants on complex tasks and projects
- Interact with other departmental personnel to improve departmental communication
- Possess strong knowledge of tax and royalty reporting and share that knowledge with others
- Demonstrate initiative in seeking additional responsibility
- Assist in developing and promoting sound recommendations that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the department
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Finance and Accounting || Not Applicable || || 29760 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.