Position Title: Project Engineer, Facilities (Midstream) Location: Houston, TX
Type: Permanent, Full- Time
NES Global Talent in partnership with a fast growing EPC Company is hiring Project Engineer, Facilities for a permanent position based in Houston, TX. JOB SUMMARY
Seeking a Project Engineer , degreed Mechanical Engineer, with a background in facilities. The ideal candidate will be familiar with all types of mechanical equipment (pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, vessels, tanks, etc.), piping (codes, components, design/layout), systems (process gas, process liquids, air, fuel gas, flare, drains, chemical injection, etc.) and coordination with other disciplines. The Project Engineer is the primary technical point of contact for the Customer and for the internal project team. The role of the Project Engineering is to be the liaison between the project team and the Project Manager. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Project Manager to develop project objectives by reviewing proposals and schedules
- Identify and promote the close out of project Action Items
- Take and/or review meeting minutes from project meetings
- Determine and assign deliverables and responsibilities by identifying project specific scopes of work
- Organize and determines project specifications by reviewing customer requirements, standards, and or go-by information.
- Identify Scope Changes or Additions and communicate with the project team to develop the associated Change Management Documents.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Identifies critical path and/or progress inhibiting items, recommends corrective recommends corrective action, and coordinates with the Project Manager to follow through with implementation plan.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Review of Vendor Quotes, Develop Technical Bid Evaluations, and Perform Clarifications.
- Ensure adherence to and implementation of Company Standard Operation Procedures
- Review and coordinate vendor documentation to ensure that the appropriate discipline reviewers are included on Squad Checks, and that the returned comments are complete and encompassing of the overall design objective.
- Attend Project Reviews and Meetings (Design Review, PHA's, Weekly Meetings, etc)
- Provide technical input and interface for Engineering and Design deliverables including the production of some discipline specific deliverables.
- BS in Engineering Degree
- 5+ years' recent experience working within EPC (Engineering) Companies on small to mid-size capital projects
- 5+ years' experience working directly on facilities - gathering or transmission, midstream projects
- Experience leading project execution, managing quality deliverables, maintaining budget, schedule, and identify scope changes as they arise.
- Experience writing proposals
- Field experience a plus
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a quickly growing EPC Company who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package comprehensive benefits, medical coverage, paid vacation, matching 401K and more.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.