NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, is a major player in the Oil & Gas Offshore industry, has a permanent opportunity for a Mechanical Designer to be based in Houston, TX.Objective
The designer will carry out a variety of moderately complex to complex design and drafting assignments, investigates and obtains all data required to develop a design and works with Engineering to construct 3D models in SolidWorks. The Designer will also participate in the development of original designs or adaptations requiring specialized experience.
Essential FunctionsEssential Functions:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Prepares moderately complex preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams from layouts, mark-up prints and other reference materials; Confers with engineers and other subject matter experts to interpret design concepts, determine nature and to determine the type of required detailed working drawings.
- Prepares detail drawings and determines the most appropriate views, detail drawings and supplementary information needed to complete assignments; Draws various views including complex plan and elevations, sections and details of part / structures with complete dimensional data for engineering, manufacturing, fabrication or assembly purposes.
- Reviews own work and typically reviews work of less experienced drafting team members to ensure comprehensive dimensional data for engineering or fabrication purposes; Reviews for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to drafting, applicable design, component weights and system standards.
- Prepares and processes Engineering Change Notices according to procedures; Modifies existing drawings and modifies required system documentation.
- Creates final sales or sequence drawings as directed.
- Calculates dimensional tolerance requirements to ensure proper assembly fit according to design requirements defined by Engineers; Prepares CAD assembly drawings to verify adequate assembly fit and function.
- Works with Engineering to construct 3D parts and assemblies in SolidWorks.
- Performs administrative and related responsibilities as assigned such as transferring drawings from computer to hardcopy.
- Assists with special projects as assigned by Supervisor and prepares time estimates for review before assigned work is initiated; Compiles and analyzes data, compute quantities, determine materials needed, and prepares cost estimates.
- High school (or equivalent GED) or graduate of technical trade school (Associates Degree) or equivalent experience in mechanical drafting preferred.
- Minimum of five years progressive experience in a CAD drafting environment and at least two years internal or similar product or industry experience.
- Experience working with configuration management software is a plus
- Experience in constructing the following:
- mechanical drawings for large plate weldments or machinery, requiring second operation machining
- mechanical drawings for the machining of large forgings and casting
- drawings of hydraulic schematics for various hydraulic systems is a plus
- assembly, fabrication and machining drawings, to include geometric tolerancing
- layout using AutoCAD or SolidWorks with minimal engineering instruction
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a major player in the Oil & Gas Offshore Company. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package including matching 401K, PTO, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Ashlee Vann.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.