Our Clients, controls, topside and hardware division based in Reading are looking for a Principal/Lead Mechanical Engineer, who can strength the team and support their growth plans within the market place.
This role provides the engineering service to design, develop, and configure instrumentation and distribution Systems with the typical product range (but not limited to) of:
- Hydraulic & Electrical Couplings
- Block & Bleed valves
- Electrical/Hydraulic Jumpers
- Transfer/Parking Plates &Test & Flushing Plates
- Subsea Distribution Units
- Mechanical plates & Structures
And knowledge of;
- Pressure & Temperature Sensors
- Sand Detectors, Sand Erosion Detectors
- Chemical Injection Throttle Valves
- Leak Detectors & Pig Detectors
- Venturi Flow Meters, Multi Phase Flow Meters &Wet Gas Flow Meters
- Down Hole Pressure Temperature Interfaces
- Bachelor degree
- Preferably Chartered Engineer Status
- Demonstrable relevant Mechanical Engineering experience preferably within the Oil and Gas industry
- Demonstrable experience in the ability to carry out all elements of mechanical design within Topside & Subsea Controls Systems covering Hydraulic and Electrical Power Distribution and Supply, Instrumentation and Flow measurement, material selection, and welding practices
- Review of Electrical & Hydraulic Schematics and Specifications
- Review and implement Control System Hydraulic/ Analysis
- Working knowledge of MathCAD or similar analysis package; SAP, AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.